PDA

View Full Version : Glad our 3Geez don't have Airbags

bushbean
05-07-2007, 06:59 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3138329&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.5.1

Airbag caused glucoma, which is a serious eye condition that lead to permanent blindness. Thank god we don't have to worry about this so called safety device.

Estimated Prophet
05-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah the only thing worse than an air bag would be an 18 year old air bag.

A18A
05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
video wont load for me :( but i know i'd much rather have a bump/bruise on my head rather than be blind :o

MessyHonda
05-07-2007, 11:00 PM
i dont want anything in my face thats why i sit as far as posibile.

frantik
05-07-2007, 11:15 PM
it's better to sit up close for better control of the car so you wont need an airbag :D

MessyHonda
05-07-2007, 11:22 PM
it's better to sit up close for better control of the car so you wont need an airbag :D

not that close. i just tilt my wheel lower so i have it lower...plus i got the prelude steering wheel so i grab it from the side.

Legend_master
05-07-2007, 11:43 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3138329&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.5.1

Airbag caused glucoma, which is a serious eye condition that lead to permanent blindness. Thank god we don't have to worry about this so called safety device.

I hear smashing your head into a steering wheel or window can also cause glaucoma :thumbup: . I would have a 100MPH balloon hit me in the head, rather then a hard piece of plastic at 100MPH. That guy just wants to sue somebody :thumbdn: .

halxi
05-07-2007, 11:55 PM
I hear smashing your head into a steering wheel or window can also cause glaucoma :thumbup: . I would have a 100MPH balloon hit me in the head, rather then a hard piece of plastic at 100MPH. That guy just wants to sue somebody :thumbdn: .

its not the impact that causes claucoma.

Airbags have a poisoness powder in them that is harmfull if swalled/injested in any orphis of your body... after i got in an accident with airbags, my eyes burned so bad for 4-5 hours that i couldnt even open them. My mouth had a nasty taste in it, nothing good about it.

Why the fuck they have a harmfull powder inside airbags is beyond me, but they do... maybe its changed on newer vehicles?

newaccorddriver
05-08-2007, 12:30 AM
its not the impact that causes claucoma.
Airbags have a poisoness powder in them that is harmfull if swalled/injested in any orphis of your body... after i got in an accident with airbags, my eyes burned so bad for 4-5 hours that i couldnt even open them. My mouth had a nasty taste in it, nothing good about it.
Why the fuck they have a harmfull powder inside airbags is beyond me, but they do... maybe its changed on newer vehicles?

that powder is so the airbag doesnt dry out over time i believe

newaccorddriver
05-08-2007, 12:32 AM
im not sure if many of you noticed this or not, but airbags tend to have SRS tags and writing on them. its a supplemental restraint system. in no way was it meant to be the primary means of saving a life, its actually secondary. the primary means is a seatbelt. if you manage to lock up a seatbelt, and it gets ripped apart from too much force, then you have an airbag to save you.

ZackieDarko
05-08-2007, 12:38 AM
if your seat belt is riped from those beefy ass bolts that hold it to the car then you are fucked beyond what an airbag can save you from

2oodoor
05-08-2007, 03:45 AM
air bags save lives, period

Seat belts are intended to keep you in the seat. If you are hit by another car or have to turn suddenley to aviod hazzard, you want to be able to control the car and you cant do that if you are not in the driver seat anymore.
Air bags are intended to keep your anatomical placement OEM.

snoopyloopy
05-08-2007, 06:33 AM
well look on the bright side, guys. glaucoma = a prescription for some mary j.

Estimated Prophet
05-08-2007, 07:16 AM
im not sure if many of you noticed this or not, but airbags tend to have SRS tags and writing on them. its a supplemental restraint system. in no way was it meant to be the primary means of saving a life, its actually secondary. the primary means is a seatbelt. if you manage to lock up a seatbelt, and it gets ripped apart from too much force, then you have an airbag to save you.

The seat belts are a part of the SRS system in newer cars.

MessyHonda
05-08-2007, 08:14 AM
newer and newer cars are coming out with more advanced technology now you have side air bags. im more scared to be t boned than a rear or front crash....ive taken out my door panels and lets say....its coke can thin with a lil suport bar thru the center.