PDA

View Full Version : Best places to put neon tubes? (cathodes in my case)

alanizgod
05-08-2007, 05:35 PM
I just got my cathodes and have not a clue of where I should put them. Any ideas?

Oh yea I have some 12" and some 4". I'm think about putting the 4" by my shift boot (I bought new ones and they didn't fit around that rectangle piece that the stock boot fit on, so there's some empty room around my stick) and have the lights glowing from there. Besides that I don't really know where else to put the others. I also bought 2 12" uv lights...

russiankid
05-08-2007, 05:50 PM
If i may do so and ask, why?

Pico
05-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry but thats gonna be :rice: :rice: :rice:

Civic Accord Honda
05-08-2007, 05:59 PM
i like blue undergrow neon but i dont really like neon in the interior

Pico
05-08-2007, 06:00 PM
i like blue undergrow neon but i dont really like neon in the interior
:slap:

alanizgod
05-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Believe me I don't find anything more annoying than ricers, BUT I do like neon lights. I have a 1989 chevy s-10 also, and the dashboard lights went off after I was fucking with some of the electrical stuff and I had to put some lights in for the meanwhile. I had these blue LED's put in so I could see the speedometer and stuff and I just liked the way it looked. I'm not planning on ricing the shit out of my car, but the lights are a must =)

russiankid
05-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Believe me I don't find anything more annoying than ricers, BUT I do like neon lights. I have a 1989 chevy s-10 also, and the dashboard lights went off after I was fucking with some of the electrical stuff and I had to put some lights in for the meanwhile. I had these blue LED's put in so I could see the speedometer and stuff and I just liked the way it looked. I'm not planning on ricing the shit out of my car, but the lights are a must =)
Neons are rice, unless you have a show car. I am pretty sure people on this forum can't really help you out on where to put them because i don't know of anyone on here who has them.

Civic Accord Honda
05-08-2007, 07:11 PM
i have seen 3-5 cars on here that have them

gfrg88
05-08-2007, 07:34 PM
i have seen 3-5 cars on here that have them

yeah, fukin children ass ricers :thumbdn:

ghettogeddy
05-08-2007, 07:35 PM
hahahaha by the title i thought u ment for a computer case lol but ya dude neon is as rice as cah and jdm girl hahahahah lol

Civic Accord Honda
05-08-2007, 08:15 PM
hahahaha by the title i thought u ment for a computer case lol but ya dude neon is as rice as cah and jdm girl hahahahah lol
:O i admit i like some rice but i am not total rice :P

Blizzard
05-08-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't really know where else to put the others. .

On Ebay...............

J/K.
Its your car. If you want lights on it, its you business.
I had some when I was a kid. Rember though, theres a fine line between colorful and tacky.

Civic Accord Honda
05-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Its your car. If you want lights on it, its you business.
I had some when I was a kid. Rember though, theres a fine line between colorful and tacky.
agreed :) :thumbup:

Hans
05-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I have one 3'' (I think) tube in each front footwell under the dash. Then I have I think one 10'' tube under the rear seats. I don't care if people outside of the car see them, the lights are there cause they change up the interior and make it look different. I'm not gonna add any more though cause as blizzard said there is a fine line that I don't want to cross.

Civic Accord Honda
05-08-2007, 11:10 PM
hans your hatch is sex i like that muffler too

Hans
05-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks CAH. The muffler is from pep boys and a shop installed it for like $100 cause they had to bend some custom pipe or whatever excuse they gave me :mad: . I got tired of seeing coffee cans on the backs of cars :rice:.

Civic Accord Honda
05-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks CAH. The muffler is from pep boys and a shop installed it for like $100 cause they had to bend some custom pipe or whatever excuse they gave me :mad: . I got tired of seeing coffee cans on the backs of cars :rice:.
lol...i have a stock muffler that not bolted tight enuf so it sounds :rice: lol damn someone should have told me coupe mufflers well not bolt to a sedan exhust lol

Jasonf860
05-09-2007, 08:04 AM
I have a great place to put the neons.... In the f-ing garbage! This isn't fast and the furious and your not Vin Diesel. Save the rice for a civic.

Chef Boyardee
05-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah, unless you're putting them in the trash, I don't see the point.

race12001
05-09-2007, 11:22 AM
^x2

87LXiR
05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
dang give the poor guy a break. As for possible locations i say in the center under the dash, dirrectly behind the radio. I had a green 12" tube underneath there to compliment the green gauge lighting and i found it quite eye pleasing. When i would turn it on at night there would be a green glow coming from beneath the center of tha dash and it looked nice, it illuminated the interior and floor quite hansomly. keep in mind you did not see the glowing green tube at all only the glow.

Hans
05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
dang give the poor guy a break. As for possible locations i say in the center under the dash, dirrectly behind the radio. I had a green 12" tube underneath there to compliment the green gauge lighting and i found it quite eye pleasing. When i would turn it on at night there would be a green glow coming from beneath the center of tha dash and it looked nice, it illuminated the interior and floor quite hansomly. keep in mind you did not see the glowing green tube at all only the glow.

That's the same effect that I was going for. There's really nothing rice about it as long as you don't get carried away.

alanizgod
05-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Well thanks for the positive feedback. Whether or not it falls into the rice "taboo" doesn't bother me much. I fancy red enough to want to have the color glow inside my car, and it's as simple as that. I figure as long as I'm not driving down the street with my huge custom muffler welded on sounding like a giant blender going 10mph then I'm good.

Civic Accord Honda
05-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I figure as long as I'm not driving down the street with my huge custom muffler welded on sounding like a giant blender going 10mph then I'm good.
ROFL

AccordB20A
05-10-2007, 12:55 AM
man ive never seen the "rice" car pic so many times in one thread lol. i give interior neons a thumbs up but only if you cant see them, extra light at nighttime when ur trying to find shit is allways good

Jasonf860
05-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Extra lighting in the interior is BAD !!! That is why they put dimmers on the existing lights in there so that on long trips, you can dim down the light so you can concentrate on DRIVING and not on the interior of your car! Why don't we all install DVD players and playstations in our dashes so that we can watch TV or play video games while we drive! Sorry Officer, i didn't know I did 80 mph into a tree cause I was too busy looking down at the fancy red neon light in my car... Oh look, It still works even though the car is mangled!

Now, IF you wire them so that they can be switched off, or dimmed that is another story. Then they are purely asthetic and when you need to, they can be switched off so you can drive. I think my point has been made, however, it is your car, your life, and hopefully you don't live near me so I don't get rearended by the guy admiring his pretty interior lights.

che3wy
06-04-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah i'd agree if there was a switch you could put on. that would be cool. like up the flooring . you can possibly put it on the side near the floor where the door is so its to light up the ground when somone gets in. i think i lke the idea of the glow from underneath the center console without seeing the neon light

bullard123
06-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Neons go good with show cars

MessyHonda
06-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Neons go good with show cars

same with ricers.

bullard123
06-05-2007, 04:31 AM
same with ricers.
Neons go good with ricers? Ricers may buy them but they never go good with their taste. Im going to get a tube for my hatch but for car show purposes only. To be honest I've only seen very few cars here that have them. The cars that had them were pretty hooked up. A Evo( blue tube), older 5.0 mustang (yellow tube) and a pretty tight integra (purple tube.)

87LXiR
06-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Neons go good with ricers? Ricers may buy them but they never go good with their taste. Im going to get a tube for my hatch but for car show purposes only. To be honest I've only seen very few cars here that have them. The cars that had them were pretty hooked up. A Evo( blue tube), older 5.0 mustang (yellow tube) and a pretty tight integra (purple tube.)

I think blue would go well with your paint scheme.:thumbup:

reanimator420
06-05-2007, 07:55 AM
i think some bright white neons? would look good on your hatch bullard. ive seen a nice lexus with it looked like white underbodys and the car was silver/

MessyHonda
06-05-2007, 08:09 AM

i like shinny bottoms than flashy