PDA

View Full Version : YOu think this would work or help me sum?

riceBURNerLX-i
09-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Well ive gotten my intake on finally, i dunno if those ractive filters are any good, but thats what i came by here in town so i thought ide just give it a shot. when i get on the gas it gets pretty wicked loud, but it sounds cool, and also there is like a whistle, kinda sounds like a turbo or something.And have noticed some increased power specially when the night cools off. what i wanted some input from someone was about, since ive taken the whole stock intake system out, including the whatever its called down in the bumper area, with the little whole at the bottom. Well there are 2 vents on the bumper on both side of my car, the side with the hole in it now since ive taken the intake out of, would it be possible to make some sort of funnel that would fit down in that vent, screw it on or something, than have perhaps a pipe or hose that would come out, and have an opening towards my filter, would that help cold air inside my engine compartment. :smokin:

87pimpsterdocious
09-09-2002, 07:04 PM
Do you have a ram intake? If so, then it will help cold air get into your engine compartment and cool everything down.

1989se-i
09-09-2002, 07:05 PM
Sweeeet, thats what mine does too. They kick ace

riceBURNerLX-i
09-09-2002, 07:09 PM
no i made the custom pipe but i didnt go down into the bumper, its angled straight into that opening which is down by the vent, im just curious if just some homeade funnel i can rig up and have it placed in that vent, with some sort of tube runnin up into the engine compartment, pushing air straight at the filter.. i dunno, i think ill just do it and find out formyself if it helps me any. but yeah thats what im looking for is cooler air in my engine compartment, and cooler air for me intakeee argh argh argh

smufguy
09-09-2002, 07:20 PM
okay here is a what u should not do. its all good and stuff to have a scoop and shit directly to your throttle body. you got an excellent setup that gets nice cold air into your intake manifold. but u see, they also sweep up sticks and water into yoru system which is not good. U see, u cant have a scoop without a filter directly into your sytem.

next thing, no matter what, if the filter is in the engine bay, it is NOT a cold air intake. the filter should be in the bumper. if ur system has to be "cold air intake" the filter has to be in contact with cold air first. So the filter is supposedly be in the bumper.