PDA

View Full Version : Most excellent discovery, Supercharger

1989se-i
09-09-2002, 06:53 PM
Ok, this is what went down:

Today io went to a local salvage yard. The guy there, it turns out, knew alot about Hondas. He told me that all the local ricers have been comming down there ever since the fast and the furious, to get mods for their cars. He Said ALOT of people have been looking for Cougar Superchargers, cause they fit on Honda engine(s). I dont know what engine or what year Cougar...

Has anyone else heard anything about this? It sounds very interesting

Neuspeed87lx
09-09-2002, 06:56 PM
anything would work with the right amount of money ...ask the guy at the junkyard

smufguy
09-09-2002, 07:06 PM
probably those superchargers were from a V6 cougars, and u know what, there are not many superchargers on a flat 4 if i can recall. Except the AE92 engine on the corolla gts. and it was an electronic one, not a belt drive. so if he is saying anythign about cougar supercarges, i would say he is just bs-ing.

1989 DX R
09-09-2002, 07:29 PM
Hmm...possibly with extreme modification it would work. Why? Don't know if anyone is insane enough to do that.

smufguy
09-09-2002, 07:47 PM
i have a pic from a website of an intake that looks like a supercharger and its on a civic. hope i can send it to someone to post it.

besides, tell me how many make supercargers for a 4cyl engines?

PhydeauX
09-09-2002, 08:24 PM
The ae92gts supercharger was belt driven. Though it never came on the gts, or to the states on any version of the corolla. It was on the ae92 levin corolla in japan, and made it to the states in the sw11 mr2. Back on topic, I think someone makes a supercharger and corosponding manifold for a b16a. And well.. you all should know by now what that means. If you want to get creative then just about any supercharger will work. You really want to get one that is sized to your engines demands. If I were planning on supercharging an a20 I would be thinking about useing an eaton m45 pulled from one of the eariler supercharged gm v6 cars. Its a screw charger. I believe that the turbo tbird and I know that the toyota ones are roots. The screw design is about the most efficent you can get in a positive displacement blower.

andy

night
09-09-2002, 09:12 PM
only honda one is jackson racing.

there is the vortech, but that is more like a belt driven turbo. 'turbo on a stick'

PhydeauX
09-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Yeah, thats who makes it, couldn't think of it. The one for the b16 can be made to fit the a20, but you might have to get creative to make the belts line up. Would make a good project.

andy