PDA

View Full Version : first time turbo

custom
05-13-2007, 09:06 AM
i'm a complex thinker, but of coruse this is my first turbo installation an turbo car. i'm taking the cheap way of it by swapping a junk car for a old volvo turbo an acc.
- i was just wondering if instead of getting bigger fuel injectors would blocking off the EGR and a adj. fuel pressure regulator work? until i get the money for larger injectors. i will be running low.. boost
-what else do i need since i have the turbo parts off the volvo?
i know where i can find the gauges for cheap, get the flange to fit the exhaust-custom turbo manifold. an obtainning intake an exhaust pipping isn't a problem. and oil feeds...

guaynabo89
05-13-2007, 07:34 PM
read up brother.

you can get used dsm injectors for like 50-75 dollars off ebay.

as far as the rest get ready to kaboom without a couple of parts.

check uot homemadeturbo.com

bobafett
05-13-2007, 09:10 PM
cheap + turbo = boom.

but really consider that our injectors are what like 2XXcc and a STOCK dsm injector is 450cc, you really shouldnt run more than a couple psi with those things. dsm injectors will probably be the cheapest part of you project too... bare BARE BARE minimum you would want some form of SAFC to fudge your computer into running 450cc injectors, and an MSD BTM to retard timing once you get into the boost.

also you will probably want to run an intercooler or some form or another.
if you have more specific questions lets hear them.

and yes, homemade turbo is a GREAT resource for low buck turbo setups. :)

87preludeA20A3
05-14-2007, 03:32 PM
READ, You have alot of that ahead of you. As far as i'm concerned i'm not so sure that 450 DSM injectors are completely necessary for low boost and if you don't do injectors you shouldn't have to do the SAFC. Although those are basic and easy things to install for reasurance. I'm not even gonna say anything else because it has all been said before, just search and read my friend.

AccordEpicenter
05-14-2007, 04:05 PM
i def would get some kind of upgraded injectors for boost and i would never ever run without any kind of managemant, an safc is the bare minimum. I really hate it when guys try to just use a rising rate fpr/fmu those things are halfass and have no place in a properly managed turbo setup. Just ask adam and justin how well they worked. They both had blown motors using them