PDA

View Full Version : how to bend fender back near door?

frantik
05-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Ok I'm not really sure how this happened.. i think perhaps my door trim got caught on my fender and pushed it in.. but now I can't open the door at all for risk of bending the fender even more and chipping the paint more as well.

Is there a cheap/easy way to pull or push the fender back into shape so i can open the door? from what I understand I can't pull the fender without opening the door.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4350/p1010172bsq6.jpg

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7264/p1010174bxz8.jpg

anyways yeah thanks for the help :)

:pc:

Civic Accord Honda
05-13-2007, 06:06 PM
1st take off mud flap
2nd take out wheel well lineing
3rd put your hand behinf the fender
4th yank the the fender towards you
5th once the fender it out farther then the door open the door and remove the 2bolts behind it

Pico
05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
^^ yup I think it does need to come off a little frantik :(

reanimator420
05-13-2007, 06:22 PM
^wut he said

2ndGenGuy
05-13-2007, 06:32 PM
I had to do the same thing, my friends dad hit my car and pushed in the fender EXACTLY like that. Just take off that molding, and use something to pry the fender back out straight. Just be gentle and take your time, you should be just fine.

Keep bending it out until the door molding doesn't hit or catch on it again. It might look like it's perfect, but the molding might still hit. Just keep bending it slightly. It will eventually come clear out. Be even, and spread the point at which you're bending out as much as possible, or you'll wind up with a crease.

frantik
05-13-2007, 06:56 PM
dammit i was a total dumbass and tried to open the door without thinking and now there's a small crease near the edge :rant:

1st take off mud flap
2nd take out wheel well lineing

lol i asked u if i should do that on aim and u said the bolt was behind the fender or some shit :p

Civic Accord Honda
05-13-2007, 09:49 PM
dammit i was a total dumbass and tried to open the door without thinking and now there's a small crease near the edge :rant:

lol i asked u if i should do that on aim and u said the bolt was behind the fender or some shit :p
lol i thout u ment the fender bolt lol no u just grab that lining and rip it out and thow it in trash cuz u well never get it back on right lol

frantik
05-13-2007, 10:15 PM
uhh.. there's gotta be a better way than "ripping out and throwing it in the trash" :dunno:

LX-incredible
05-13-2007, 11:01 PM
uhh.. there's gotta be a better way than "ripping out and throwing it in the trash" :dunno:
You need to remove those screw-rivets, either by unscrewing the centers with very little pressure, or by prying them out with an icepick. With the lining removed, you should be able to push the fender out enough to get the door open, and gain access to the bolts. Throwing the lining away would be as stupid as using walmart primer on bare metal.

Civic Accord Honda
05-13-2007, 11:06 PM
well if thay are riped and cut up like mine thay dont go back on but if thay in good cond thay should id just use new scews tho cuz the plastic scews suck

LX-incredible
05-13-2007, 11:22 PM
well if thay are riped and cut up like mine thay dont go back on but if thay in good cond thay should id just use new scews tho cuz the plastic scews suck
They are not screws, they are screw-rivets, and they are easy to remove if you know what you're doing.

frantik
05-13-2007, 11:31 PM
where are the screw rivets? behind the mud flap?

LX-incredible
05-13-2007, 11:43 PM
There are 5 or so right behind the lip of the wheel well. There are some further back as well. There is like 10 or 12 of them in total. You will also need to remove the mud flap. It will be easiest to remove the wheel.

Civic Accord Honda
05-14-2007, 12:00 AM
They are not screws, they are screw-rivets, and they are easy to remove if you know what you're doing.
so how u take them off ;/

MessyHonda
05-14-2007, 06:19 AM

i used a tool like a door panel removal tool....it looks like a V Shaped and you just pry and the rivet thing will come off.

ahmad89
05-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Mine is bent like that too but its much worse, there are some creases at the edge of the fender, i think my molding caught onto it or something.

A18A
05-14-2007, 06:35 AM
i used a tool like a door panel removal tool....it looks like a V Shaped and you just pry and the rivet thing will come off.
nice. i learn that 4 fenders later

LX-incredible
05-14-2007, 10:30 AM
You remove the centers and they pull out by hand.