PDA

View Full Version : Brake Fluid Leakage Problem

azazel_18_2
05-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I have replace both front calipers and both rear brake cylinders about 5 k ago and everything was great and wasn't going through any fluid. My master cylinder went out and I bumped someone so I replaced it. I made sure I got the lines started in properly and got them tight enough. I tightened the reservior on pretty tight. Tighter than you could get it on with a screwdriver. Now it goes through fluid like crazy. I check the lines and they are great. I think it is leaking where the reservior is clamped onto the master cylinder. What did I do wrong? ANy pointers? The master cylinder holds fluid all the way up to where it meets the reservior no matter how long you go so that has to be the leak right? HELP!!!

Vanilla Sky
05-15-2007, 11:19 PM
my master cylinder is slowy filling my brake booster. yeah guys, i know i need to fix it, but i'm barely affording fuel at this point. i just keep a bottle of DOT3 in the car and top up when my brake light comes on.

where did you purchase your MC? i only honestly trust NEW honda MCs, but i'll probably end up rebuilding one i have here.

azazel_18_2
05-16-2007, 06:36 AM
I bought a brand new one from napa :( Our honda dealer is a tard and I needed it bad. Car with no brakes isn't something great to drive to work everyday. I may pull it off and see if the rear seal has went out. It has a warranty and if they won't honor it I'll shove up their... Mine was leaking fluid into the brake booster also. I replaced the master cylinder and replaced the booster as well. Not to bad to do.