PDA

View Full Version : Ported box position

X-1
05-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Which is the best position for a ported box?Subs facing forward into the car or facing the rear of the car?The subs and port are in the same box panel.

ghettogeddy
05-16-2007, 01:18 PM
sub facing towards the back

MessyHonda
05-16-2007, 08:18 PM
i had them facing towards the back of the car. it sounds better but just make sure the plate does not rattle. mine did and it drove me nuts until i packed some bubble wrap under it...lol

AccordB20A
05-17-2007, 04:39 AM
mines better with the sub firing forwards at the back seat.. mind you i have a slot ported box and the slot comes out the side.....

Hans
05-17-2007, 07:48 AM
It all depends upon where the port, sub face, sub back, and the driver is. I have found that if you want to hear the mid to around 150hz you have to have the sub facing you. If you want to hear the lows and the very deepest lows the sub back should be oriented towards you. Ports also have sound that leak out of them, and these sounds can pound if the port is tuned right. I'd say have the sub pointed towards the back and have the port facing up. I had the bass drivers out of a component system hooked up this way in my hatch and they hit hard like a sub. Not bad for $15.