PDA

View Full Version : Worth the money??

M3Galaxie
05-17-2007, 12:17 PM
I've been wanting to put a 10" sub in my car....Gotta keep up with a dubble bass drum. Anyway a kid at school is sell two MTX Thunder 6000 10" subs with a MTX Thunder 4250D classD amp and a box that is L30"xW12"xD12"...which will fit nicely in the back of my '89 two door without taking up to much space. He is asking $170 for the lot...Asuming that it's all in good working order is this a good price? I've never really messed with car aduio before so my know how is pretty limited.

Hans
05-17-2007, 12:40 PM
I looked on sounddomain.com and couldn't find this setup. By comparing the prices of other amps and subs from MTX I would say that it's def a good deal, especially with the box. :)

M3Galaxie
05-17-2007, 12:47 PM
^ya from what I've looked at it seems pretty resonable...He said he bought it as a package so they're probably not sold individually

Beanshonda55
05-17-2007, 03:33 PM
id grab that, its a sweet deal

MessyHonda
05-17-2007, 04:47 PM
yeah not a bad deal...my neighbor had 4 12 inch 8000 series subs and he would compete with that...so the 6000 cant be that bad....and for the price its good.

M3Galaxie
05-19-2007, 08:48 AM
I offered the kid $150 for them and he agreed...I should have them monday...hooked up next weekend...maybe. I plan getting a new head unit, front door speakers, and I already have 6"x9" for the rear...I wonder if I should run new wires for the speakers or use the stock one?

russiankid
05-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I offered the kid $150 for them and he agreed...I should have them monday...hooked up next weekend...maybe. I plan getting a new head unit, front door speakers, and I already have 6"x9" for the rear...I wonder if I should run new wires for the speakers or use the stock one?
If you want good sound quality then run new wiring. If the sound you have now suits you, then i wouldn't worry about it to much. Just remember that when your cranking it up you have stock wiring.

ghettogeddy
05-19-2007, 11:04 AM
I've been wanting to put a 10" sub in my car....Gotta keep up with a dubble bass drum. Anyway a kid at school is sell two MTX Thunder 6000 10" subs with a MTX Thunder 4250D classD amp and a box that is L30"xW12"xD12"...which will fit nicely in the back of my '89 two door without taking up to much space. He is asking $170 for the lot...Asuming that it's all in good working order is this a good price? I've never really messed with car aduio before so my know how is pretty limited.
u want clean double bass get a 8" L7 and like a 300 to 500 watt amp

ghettogeddy
05-19-2007, 11:05 AM
If you want good sound quality then run new wiring. If the sound you have now suits you, then i wouldn't worry about it to much. Just remember that when your cranking it up you have stock wiring.
from a stock or after market deck it dosent mater what wires u use now if he was running expensive components and a larger 4ch amp to them then yes id upgrade the wires

MessyHonda
05-19-2007, 10:33 PM
yeah geddy is right.....i would only upgrade the wires if you had a super clean set up like 4 ch amp for the voice speakers...but other than that the stock wires should be fine...i had no problem with mine.

M3Galaxie
05-20-2007, 05:02 PM
^Cool less to do the better/cheaper...I popped off the front driver side door speaker today to see what it looked like, (cause you can hardely hear them the backs aren't too bad though). Anyway all the rubber around the "woofer" part of the speak was dry rotted and not connected.

MessyHonda
05-21-2007, 07:44 AM
^Cool less to do the better/cheaper...I popped off the front driver side door speaker today to see what it looked like, (cause you can hardely hear them the backs aren't too bad though). Anyway all the rubber around the "woofer" part of the speak was dry rotted and not connected.

yup....i just got a pair of 6.5 inch speakers for 70 bucks and it sounds good. the only thing i hate about the door speakers they tend to rattle at high volumes.

Hans
05-21-2007, 09:19 AM
yeah my speakers were completely dry rotted too. I have found that the door speakers don't rattle as much when you have the windows rolled down. And make sure that the door speakers you get are shallow enough so that you can use the plastic speaker mount on the inside of the door.

Crazybird
05-21-2007, 05:16 PM
u want clean double bass get a 8" L7 and like a 300 to 500 watt amp

geddy is on crack u dont get double bass from square subs.... my buddy has the 8 l5's and it sounds like total shit with anything other then rap get circlessss

ahmad89
05-21-2007, 05:19 PM
personally i think audio is a waste, it gets annoying and rattles your trunk and crap, battery drainer but whatever you want go for it.

ghettogeddy
05-21-2007, 05:23 PM
geddy is on crack u dont get double bass from square subs.... my buddy has the 8 l5's and it sounds like total shit with anything other then rap get circlessss
dosent mater the shape but the size and if i was on crack id be telling him to get 15's , yoour friend prolly dosent have it tuned correctly ive personally tested just about every sub on the market (retail like best buy and shit) i know what works and with what lol

MessyHonda
05-21-2007, 10:47 PM

my friend has a 10 inch L5...and his bass on -3 and it still hits...its hooked up to a 700 watt amp.....it sounds really clean plus they are kinda cheap.