PDA

View Full Version : constet power wire dead

Civic Accord Honda
05-18-2007, 04:24 PM
the constent power wire( wire that keeps clock and radio memory) is dead not geting any voltage
thay work when the car is on but when u turn the car off thay lose all memory and radio is not keeping its memory and the clock keeps reseting to 1:00
is there a way to fix this with out rewireing ?

Civic Accord Honda
05-18-2007, 04:47 PM
bump

MessyHonda
05-18-2007, 08:09 PM
did you check the fuse?

jschatte
05-18-2007, 08:15 PM
yeah that should always be the 1st thing to do

Civic Accord Honda
05-18-2007, 08:28 PM
i checked the radio fuse its fione but cant find a fuse for that constent power line :(

Oldblueaccord
05-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Well if its dead with the key off then someone has messed with the wiring. Or did this just start happening?

If it comes on with the key the fuse has got to be good 99% certain. The clock fuse is in the under hood fuse box.

wp

Civic Accord Honda
05-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Well if its dead with the key off then someone has messed with the wiring. Or did this just start happening?

If it comes on with the key the fuse has got to be good 99% certain. The clock fuse is in the under hood fuse box.

wp
this is a new problem just started happening
everything works with the key on but if u take it out u lose memory to everything..
i checked all the fuses too

and yesterday it kept the power for about a hour with out the key but the next time we took the key out it lost it again

AccordB20A
05-19-2007, 03:29 PM
dodgy wiring ftl...... who else has wiring issues with their 3g? i know i do... my ecu flashes me a cyl error code and the engine misfires at high rpms and high speeds. also when i toot my horn my left rear doors centyral locking makes a noise like its trying to unlock its allready unlocked self......ive blown 2 alternators in that car for no reason....cant figure out why... just like you cant figure out why ur constant power doesnt stay on. have you messed with the wiring by the stereo maybe theres a wire came off around there somewhere i know the memory wire splits into about 3 wires behind the stereo

Civic Accord Honda
05-19-2007, 03:58 PM
my locks freak out too
i well lock them and thay unlock them self and keep trying to unlock them self
and some times thay dont do anythinga just not work at all

forrest89sei
05-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Run a new wire to the positive battery Terminal.

Make sure you add a Fusable link into it, like 15-20 Amp

I think after all the times you've swap a stereo without using a plug in harness, something is either broken or lose

Mac
05-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Did you check fuse #11 in the under the hood fuse panel? I think it is labeled ECU/Clock.

Civic Accord Honda
05-19-2007, 04:17 PM
yeah checked them all :(