PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Help

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 10:38 AM
ok so
my car needed a tune up so bad but i put it off cuz im a slacker,
so one day my car seemed to be miss firing. and it start with a really bad idle it would idle so low that even with gas it would start to stall unless you punched the pedal to the metal.
so today i did a tune up my first one to yay!!!
and it was easy everything seems to be right i didnt drive it cause i could here the engine. and then it started again the idle would go from 1 - 550 to 1 - 400 or somthing but if you gave it gas it would sound right but it would stop sputtering and i only reved it to 1k then i let it go and it stayed idled and then it went back to that bouncy stuff then i was like wtf i reved it to red line and let off and then the rpms kept going down all the way to zero and then it stalled some one help me
i couldnt find the pcv i hope thats the problem
i checked my coolant there were alot of suds in the radiator but there is water or something in there brown stuff. and then i also bled the coolant air valve. when i bled it the car idle normaly for a lil then it went back to the bs idling
hellpppppp thanks

86AccordLxi
05-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Is the radiator full? Or is it low?

What all did you replace/fix in your tuneup?

Alex

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 11:28 AM
i changed the spark plugs i made it tight and then losened it by a half turn
i changed the dizzy cap the rotor the wires
i didnt do the fuel filters cause i didnt have enough for them and i figured that the car turns out and all with otu a problem its just wheny ou drive it or rev it it starts to f up
i didnt change the pcv valv i couldnt find it i think its behine the intake mani
i have to take off the air cleaner lid and or lift the car up and see
i have a video of the idling i just have to find my cables to uplod them

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 11:32 AM
oh i thought i could disconnect the battery so i did and now im waiting
i have a carbed lx . do you think that might help could i even reset my car pc

Estimated Prophet
05-10-2007, 12:05 PM
i changed the spark plugs i made it tight and then losened it by a half turn

No I meant as soon as it gets tight go another half turn and that is tight enough.

AccordB20A
05-10-2007, 12:52 PM
im guessing you have a carbed vehicle as u said your tuneup didnt work...carbs ftl.....put a hammer thru it and get EFI. then your tune up may work :)

frantik
05-10-2007, 12:59 PM
put a hammer thru it and get EFI

:bowrofl:

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
lol not funny

86AccordLxi
05-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I thought that if the coolant was low, the temp sender wouldn't be fully submerged or something and would cause goofy idle.

Alex

MessyHonda
05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
maybe its time to run some seafoam on the car....you might have lots of carbon....but it sound to me that your carb is not tuned right....and to tune it right...its a bitch and a half.

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 06:25 PM
update 101 lol
i think i found out the problem yesss@@@!!!! i gatta wait till tommerow though

the fuel filter is behind my seat and i was wondering why it smelt like gas the night that the car started acting funny so i was like what the hell and ignored it and today the smell was stronger so much stronger so i went and pulled the semi postioned carpet in place and touch the carpet and was wet and it was water was pour'd onto the carpet but it is really gas though.
do you think thats enough? cuz i drove it a lil and it idled at the red lights it idled a lil below 1k it usaly does at 1k it stalled twice once leaving home and once coming home

MessyHonda
05-10-2007, 06:26 PM
wtf some one bypassed the fuel line? and put a filter inside....lol

russiankid
05-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't drive around with a fuel leak...

MessyHonda
05-10-2007, 06:30 PM
and oh yeah...no wonder you are getting bad MPG.....

backhatcher
05-10-2007, 06:31 PM
especially where the ecu is right there that would be a nice flamer

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 06:35 PM
lol i thought the fuel line was sopposed to be out side lol let me go take a picture
would you like that?

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 06:36 PM
oh and i didnt even think that was a fuel line im just tell you now cuz there is tape holding the thing togeather on one side

russiankid
05-10-2007, 06:38 PM
oh and i didnt even think that was a fuel line im just tell you now cuz there is tape holding the thing togeather on one side
The fuel line does run in the interior, but it is a hard line.

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 06:40 PM
ok
let me go get that pics lol this car was a big mistake i cant wait till i get toms car.
brb oh can some one post them gor me please? i got a video also

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 07:02 PM
so umm who wants to
host the pics and video?

Estimated Prophet
05-10-2007, 07:06 PM
nvm

russiankid
05-10-2007, 07:12 PM
so umm who wants to
host the pics and video?
Make a photobucket account, and upload them there.

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 07:13 PM
what do you mean nvm what?
how can i put these on here? just cut and copy the link
? on to the forum

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 07:14 PM
gotcha

russiankid
05-10-2007, 07:16 PM
what do you mean nvm what?
how can i put these on here? just cut and copy the link
? on to the forum
Make an account on photobucket. Then upload the pics from your computer onto photobucket. Then the link under the image that starts with [img] is the one you need. Or you can upload them on www.imageshack.us, then just take the direct link and click the insert image button that is available when you post. It is the yellow button.

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 07:27 PM
ight im doing it now its ganna take a lil so check back in 15 mins
or less

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 07:28 PM
yea i have a 10 mp cam i dont wanna resize ill jus tpost the link and shit
thanks guys
hope you gets your shits and giggles

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 07:30 PM
here is the video of my idle
the rattling you hear is the car shaking
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/das_it/the%20ghetto%20fuel/?action=view&current=MOV00655.flv

MessyHonda
05-10-2007, 07:33 PM
yeah that does not look good....who ever owned it b4 fucked up major.....i would just get it replaced....new clamps and some fuel lines and yeah that idel is crazy.

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 07:42 PM
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/das_it/the%20ghetto%20fuel/
see if that works?

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 07:43 PM
yea it worked
for me i donno why but you cant see the gas on the floor for sum reason

buttaz1
05-10-2007, 08:39 PM
ummm bump

88Accord-DX
05-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Sounds like an exhaust leak with maybe a heat sheild loose & rattleling. Hard to say over the net without looking at it. Also, your timing needs to be checked out, cause it idles way to low. Need a timing light though. Then again, idle problems also come from the carbs too on these accords if their not right. Some other ignition issues will stem from failing dizzys, coil, wires, plugs.

Oldblueaccord
05-10-2007, 11:33 PM
HOLY SHIT

that rat wired fuel pump and a gas leak could be a big booM !:gun:

I know you didnt do it but that needs to be done right. Im pretty sure on carbed cars the fuel pump is down near the tank OUTSIDE the car. The leak is making low fuel pressure and why your car is running bad.

wp

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/das_it/the%20ghetto%20fuel/th_DSC00661.jpg

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/das_it/the%20ghetto%20fuel/th_DSC00667.jpg

AccordB20A
05-10-2007, 11:47 PM
yeah thats dangerous shit i hope ur nt a smoker.. flame + fuel fumes = flying accord fast n the furious styles

buttaz1
05-11-2007, 07:07 AM
lol
yea i know im about to clean my room and then pinch the fuel line witha vice grip or somtheing and then where would i put the fuel pump?
i cant put it in the trunk cause i putting in a system and tehre is the kaboom factor.
i cant do it under the exhust cause the kaboom. i cant do it under the seat
what the hell can i do?

MessyHonda
05-11-2007, 07:45 AM
lol
yea i know im about to clean my room and then pinch the fuel line witha vice grip or somtheing and then where would i put the fuel pump?
i cant put it in the trunk cause i putting in a system and tehre is the kaboom factor.
what the hell can i do?

get the in tank gas pump.

buttaz1
05-11-2007, 08:20 AM
i dont have 100 bucks to pay for that ill probly get some shrink wrapp and shit and figure somthing out i really dont wanna put any more money into this car

Pico
05-11-2007, 08:30 AM
i dont have 100 bucks to pay for that ill probly get some shrink wrapp and shit and figure somthing out i really dont wanna put any more money into this car
You cant shrink wrap the pump..:(

2oodoor
05-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh my god no they did'nt
who the hell runs fuel line inside cabin..
you could put it in a 20 oz plastic soda bottle, cut the end off the bottle put your shit in nice and neat connections then use the part you cut off.. trim it to clear hardware and use silicone to seal it

buttaz1
05-11-2007, 12:25 PM
smart

buttaz1
05-12-2007, 09:05 PM
i was thinking maybe i should put that pump in a sode bottle and fill it with expando foam what cha think?

Civic Accord Honda
05-12-2007, 10:38 PM
lol
what the hell can i do?
uhhhhh id fix the car b-4 i mess with the sound system
engine comes 1st

buttaz1
05-13-2007, 11:52 AM
yea i know cah but
its a automatic and yea im just ganna beat it till i can find something better you know?
i thought it was running but it aint im going to try and fix it one of these days i got a couple days off this week but i need to fix this problem asap
when i turn on the key so that the radio turns on i hear a big squirt from the pump i hope that its just that or else im going tohave part it or junk it

russiankid
05-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Go to a junkyard and get a fuel pump assembly from the tank. If the pump is dead get just the pump for $70 and replace it and do it the correct way.

1ajs
05-13-2007, 01:03 PM
go to the recros and pic up parts for it.......

buttaz1
05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
ok so did the tune up and retaped the pump (tempary) there seems to be a very small hole I just crazy glueed the pump and then wrapped it around with plastic and then wraped it in tape also I cut the pump line and then shortend it hopefully that willhold
I cut also played with plastic the pump carb and did a a/f ratio adjust and then its running good it around idles some what high
1500 - 2000 rpm when in park and in nuetral in tape drive and then in tape reverse it idles some at it around 950 - 1000 rpm
its running kinda of a path job .
I cut also I did a a a rotar swap amd nd then a break pad install
sorry about the spelling mistakes im usingmy new phone the pump t mobile dash and then my new fingers are to be fat

buttaz1
05-15-2007, 01:20 PM
turns out the stop leak mission didnt work as well as i hope so ill have to figure out what to do cause i can not stand taht fuel smell its so disgusting and im still getting about 10 to the gallon wtf is going on ?
is it cause i drive balls out ? or what the hell some one help me diganose this problem

2oodoor
05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
when I suggested teh plastic bottle idea, I also meant to say that was so you could mount it OUT side the car somewhere. You need to find out where the raw gas is coming from, that would be the greatest source of loss. If you are getting 10 mpg anyway why not use the extra money you pay for gas caused by the problem , to fix the problem
i know its tough out there right now

russiankid
05-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Like i said earlier, go to a junkyard and spend max $50 getting a fuel pump assembly with the pick up attachment that goes into the tank. Then buy some new fuel lines, clamps, and a filter and do the fuel system properly. With this tape method, you are just asking for a fire. What if the pump shorts out and causes a spark? Ever thought about that?

buttaz1
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
i know
but i dont have 50 bux right now
ill see what i can do to fix this till i get paid again
but i dont understand the 10mpg thing

A20A1
05-15-2007, 08:20 PM
The fuel pump should be outside the car and sit below the fuel tank, but not on the fuel tank and it should be shielded from rocks and heat. Also make sure that pump is ment to be external like that, if not I think the internal ones use the fuel as a means of cooling, but I hope that isn't true.

I'm guessing your hard lines are degraded? How far does your fuel lines run inside the car?

Also is your valve timing or valve lash set right? Did you rotate the crank each time to the possition associated to each cylinder.

Other then that how is your compression... and could be you have bad igniton or worse something like a worn crank bearing.

never use stop leak in the radiator it just gums things up in your cooling system.

buttaz1
05-15-2007, 09:15 PM
The fuel pump should be outside the car and sit below the fuel tank, but not on the fuel tank and it should be shielded from rocks and heat. Also make sure that pump is ment to be external like that, if not I think the internal ones use the fuel as a means of cooling, but I hope that isn't true.

I'm guessing your hard lines are degraded? How far does your fuel lines run inside the car?

Also is your valve timing or valve lash set right? Did you rotate the crank each time to the possition associated to each cylinder.

Other then that how is your compression... and could be you have bad igniton or worse something like a worn crank bearing.

never use stop leak in the radiator it just gums things up in your cooling system.
you lost me there
but the lines connect some how to a metal line that is tucked under the plastick things. then i have a soft line coming from under the rear seats ill take the seats off one day to check it out.
i just dont understand how it went from some what good to this?
and i dont understand Also is your valve timing or valve lash set right? Did you rotate the crank each time to the possition associated to each cylinder.
what do you mean?
is this from the tune up or what?

buttaz1
05-17-2007, 08:05 AM
ok so i still have the problems with my car im starting to think thats its the timing so. how can i advanvance the timeing and or retard it,
im still am wondering why i still get such bad gas milage its starting to bother me to the point that im losing all love my 3 gen and falling for a 5th or 6th gem

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 10:25 AM
ok so i relocated the fuel pump
and the car is runnign even worse and when i turn the car on it wont turn on unless i pinch my fuel line so what the fuck is it just to much fuel coming through and its flooding or what?

MessyHonda
05-21-2007, 10:54 AM
where did you put the fuel pump?

2oodoor
05-21-2007, 11:01 AM
that may need a fuel press regualtor, better watch out dude you could be slipping gas past the needle in the carb .. that would fill up the crankcase with gas NOT GOOD
More information... does the car run ok once you do get it started by pinching the fuel line?

Please can you word threads you start with something pertaining to the subject you are asking about, that way you are not the only one benefiting from any posts on the thread, In other words somebody looking for help on a certain subject would not likely search omfg ~!! etc.. know what I mean Vern? Thanks

A20A1
05-21-2007, 11:36 AM
What fuel pump did you run, how much PSI is it rated at?

some pumps need to be installed near a level parallel to the base of the fuel tank or below it.

Same principal I guess, you use to syphon water from a fish tank to a bucket on the floor beneath the fish tank.

If you have a carb keep an eye on the float level, you'll need to remove the air cleaner and put vacuum caps over the vacuum lines #8 and #33

I wonder if you have an EFI pump installed on a carbed car.... or even two fuel pumps and for some reason the person who worked on your car didn't remove and bypass the stock pump from the fuel tank before installing the new pump.
here is some info so you can check if you have two fuel pumps or just one and if your cap is facing the right way.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45641

A20A1
05-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I wonder if you have an EFI pump installed on a carbed car.... or even two fuel pumps and for some reason the person who worked on your car didn't remove and bypass the stock pump from the fuel tank before installing the new pump.

here is some info so you can check if you have two fuel pumps or just one and if your cap is facing the right way.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45641

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 12:52 PM
the fuel pump is a universal on that cam with the car im not postive on what its rated at but i think i got to much fuel though because it seems like there is fuel in side air box
also im using a smaller line
if i flooded the chambers how can i fix that? also i relocated it to the back of my car right above the fuel pump that is in the tank.
the car starts but runs like shit maybe i put the filters on wrong
i stick the line the fuel goes in to the back of the arrow
{ out line } <---- {in gas lin}

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 01:03 PM
what sup? on mine my cap goes back on but it was glued on for an odd reason

i changed both filters on my car the one in the bay and the one (in my case) in the cabin

A20A1
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
no my cap doesn't go back on cause I bent the rim where is sits on. :)

So do you only have one fuel pump? and not one hiding in the fuel tank?

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 02:09 PM
and how do i know what lines are 8 and 33?
thanks im sorry for the spelling and grammer im just press for time im losing day light

i wish i had my cam so i cna show you guys
the duech bags
left one pump in the tank and connected a hose that connects to a filter and then to a a hard line wich leads to the carb.
so basically im using one pump to suck gas through a broken pump that is still in the gas tank and then it go into the carb.
i am honestly getting fed up. with this fing thing

A20A1
05-21-2007, 02:13 PM
and how do i know what lines are 8 and 33?
thanks im sorry for the spelling and grammer im just press for time im losing day light

the vacuum lines will be lables with white numbers on the black vacuum hoses, and also some are labled with white tags with black numbers on the metal vacuum lines.

like these
http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4554
http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4553

the fuel pump is a universal on that cam with the car im not postive on what its rated at but i think i got to much fuel though because it seems like there is fuel in side air box
also im using a smaller line
if i flooded the chambers how can i fix that? also i relocated it to the back of my car right above the fuel pump that is in the tank.
the car starts but runs like shit maybe i put the filters on wrong
i stick the line the fuel goes in to the back of the arrow
{ out line } <---- {in gas lin}

So there is still a pump in the tank?
You should only run 1 pump, running two pumps will cause problems

also it should be below the tank, but not on the tank.

The filter should go between the fuel tank and the fuel pump for external fuel pumps.

Make sure you are using fuel lines and not some other type of hose or the gas will ruin the hose.

an EFI pump will be around 22 psi the carb pump only 2-3 psi so there is a big difference.

don't use an EFI pump without a pressure regulator rated for the fuel pump, and some regulators will require a return line to dump excess fuel back into the fuel tank.

i wish i had my cam so i cna show you guys
the duech bags
left one pump in the tank and connected a hose that connects to a filter and then to a a hard line wich leads to the carb.
so basically im using one pump to suck gas through a broken pump that is still in the gas tank and then it go into the carb.
i am honestly getting fed up. with this fing thing

I wish I was there to fix the problem for ya :)

Even when all this is done you may have to go back and check for fuel leaks if for some reason you do have a EFI pump, it could have damaged some of the seals or o-rings.

Don't put an external pump into the fuel tank or you are asking for a possible explosion... just remove the stock pump in the tank and replace the pump with a section of fuel line so you bypass it.

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
well
im not sure but it says fuel and emissions line
there a lil bit smaller i have to like make it fit and stuff but im ganna spend a couple more dollars and if it doesnt work then im going to junk the car like honestly this is the worst investment i have ever done

A20A1
05-21-2007, 02:45 PM
only cause you bought it from a bad previous owner that dumped their mistakes on you.

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 02:57 PM
like i cant even get rid of it cause i have morals and dont wanna dump that shit on some one else
but do you think that if i buy a fuel pump the one that goes in the tank thats sopposed to be there every thing should be fixed?

lostforawhile
05-21-2007, 03:10 PM
ok you need a pump that is rated right for the carb,or you need a regulator. You have the benifit of my searching for the correct pump for a couple of years. I hate the intank pump with a passion,but i needed to find a pump that has dry lift capibility. in other words the pump has to be able to draw fuel to the pump from down in the tank. even when dry. the only pump i have found so far is the walborro pump, they have these in different psi's and different gallons per hour. this pump is a perfect match for what you need. you also can mount it under the car,and the pump is rated to draw fuel from a dry line and self prime up to 48 inches. thats four feet away from the fuel source. you can just remove the existing pump from the hanger,and bypass it with some line. for an intank filter,I would say get one of those all aluminum inline filters,like from summit. they unscrew for service and the filter screen can be cleaned. then run a primary filter after the pump. let me find the link. this is the same pump i'm buying. and walboro is an excellent brand. i'll be back in a minute with the link.

here is the link i think this will solve your problem. http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/fr_pumps.html

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 03:31 PM
so before i do this
does it seem like all these problems i am having
low gas milage
weird or eratic idle
sluggish acceleration
seem to all be a fuel pump related problem

lostforawhile
05-21-2007, 03:40 PM
i would check your pump output pressure at the carb too,it almost sounds like you have a carb problem. how do you have these two pumps hooked up anyway? one in front of the other or something? also you didn't try to hook up a fuel injection pump did you? you can't run two different types of pumps inline you will have all kinds of problems. if your in tank pump is bad this other pump is cheaper anyway. if you follow the rubber line under the car,you'll see a mounting point near the left rear wheel for an external pump. there should be a piece of metal line between two rubber lines even. i would bypass the factory pump,with a pice of line in the tank,try to position the end near the original pickup location, mount the new pump under the car, hook power up to the factory pump power going to the old pump,and go. the factory ful filter is behind that location,so it would be before the pump. i would use the pump that has the lower psi, it has plenty of fuel flow for a stock carb. I think you can run this pump off of the original pump relay, it draws so little current,that i don't think it draws more then the factory pump.

there is a way to run wo pumps,but you need a check valve for each pump. this won't increase your pressure,only your volume. you need the valves to keep fuel from backflowing through the pump with lower volume. you would run a line from each pump,through a check valve,then to a t fitting. if you do this and add an aditional feed into the original pump hanger, this would give you the option of keeping the factory pump as a backup. if one fails,switch the other on. i'm going to do this,but add an rpm window switch,so the pump comes on for boost at higher rpms.

I just figured out something very interesting, if you mount this pump on the frame rail beside the gas tank, a power steering gear cover panel will fit almost perfectly over the pump location. it will take some minor cutting and one bracket,but it will bolt to the frame rail, this will protect the pump location,and sit almost level with the frame rail near the left rear tire.

A20A1
05-21-2007, 04:07 PM
See the other thread it has pics of where they installed the second pump and he had gas leaks inside the car :(

EDIT: Nevermind just look up to see the pics, I merged the two threads.

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 04:11 PM
well what these guys did
i think was the pump broke they got a external pump and are sucking fuel throough the failed pump and then it connect to the carb some how
they are using the regualar relay from the oem pump

i dont know
but i wanna make sure that it is the fuel pump that is causeing so many problems.
and why is a intank fuel pump bad?

lostforawhile
05-21-2007, 04:12 PM
they put the pump inside of the car?!! where is this thread? i thought about doing this,but was going to make a hump for the rear floor pan on the english wheel,then weld it to the floor pan,with a cutout below it. then it really wouldn't be in the car. but the location right beside the tank on the frame rail is excellent. there should be a piece of fixed metal line right between two rubber hoses,right before it goes to the hard line inside of the car.

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 04:13 PM
i only have one pump
one is the float and one is apump
one has the bolts and the other one has the clips?

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 04:14 PM
its called
tune up didnt work
its got a couple pics and has links to my photobucket which has all the pics

lostforawhile
05-21-2007, 04:19 PM
i only have one pump
one is the float and one is apump
one has the bolts and the other one has the clips?the one on the drivers side is the pump. it will have the connector with two wires to it.

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 04:32 PM
so why is the intank fuel pump bad?

A20A1
05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
because they aren't using it :) I mean why would they add a second pump if the one in the fuel tank worked?

lostforawhile
05-21-2007, 04:43 PM
so why is the intank fuel pump bad?well for one thing,unless you go to the dealer,about every replacment one out there is dog shit. you don't want to know how many pumps i went through. it might be fine also on a bone stock engine,but any mods and it's gasping for breath. i've had a fuel pressure gauge for years,and everytime you step on the gas the pressure goes to zero. it's pathetic little trickle of fuel probably couldn't keep up with a flipped lid mod,let alone anything serious. i'm going to be running dual sidedraft carbs here shortly,it def won't be able to keep up. it also is prone to burning out with anything less then half a tank,i haven't tried the bosch pump myself yet,but to be fair i've heard it's good. still stock specs though. i have searched and searched,and there is simply no one who makes an upgraded in tank carb pump. only efi pumps. this pump i found will meet my specs perfectly and will be able to keep up with almost anything.

A20A1
05-21-2007, 05:03 PM
oh thats what he ment by bad :) I thought he was asking why his was bad :)

buttaz1
05-21-2007, 05:09 PM
yea
i hope this will help me out i really really really need a car im so desprite im thinking of getting a hyundai

lostforawhile
05-21-2007, 06:17 PM
if you end up with a bad carb,go to importcarbs.com they have the best prices of anybody. all their carbs are overhauled and tested. they have been in buisness for a long time,so that says a lot,also the guy who owns the company rebuilds every carb personally. if i was buying another factory one,i def would get one from them.

buttaz1
05-25-2007, 04:14 AM
ok so
i just got paid and its great so now i am wondering to take out the fuel pump do
i have to drop the tank? i doubt it but do i need to?

2oodoor
05-25-2007, 04:51 AM
There should be an access cover in the trunk area over the tank, you remove the plate and there it is.

Oldblueaccord
05-25-2007, 05:51 PM
I m not sure really if the pump is your whole problem. Most times the carb is the culprit on these cars when they get old.

The timing turned up with the distributor the idle will go higher. You really should use a light. You should be getting 20 mpg at least with that car. Most get alot higher but that is a good place to start.

I assume you used NGK spark plugs and the correct part number ?

You may want to pull one and see what the tip looks like as well that tells you how the cars is running.

wp

88Accord-DX
05-25-2007, 08:54 PM
There is a volume check on the fuel pump you can do. I don't have the specs at this point in time, but being it's at 3-6 psi. I assume if you take the line off going to the carb & put it in a milk jug. If it fills it up 3/4 to full in 1 minute, it's fine.

buttaz1
05-26-2007, 05:12 AM
ight its 912 now im going to start the switch
hopefully i can do this before 10 am i gatta be at work

buttaz1
05-26-2007, 06:27 AM
ok i changed it took
ME about 20 30 mins and the car ran like shit at first then it settled out then it ran perfect it idled great it sounded a lil flawed though and then the car started idleing weird up and down and up and down and up and down it was really bad then i started noticing some smoke and then the fans didnt start up so now im thinking i have a pressure problem coolent pressure?
or the carb. im not sure which yet ill check it later i have to get tto work
thanks guys

buttaz1
05-26-2007, 07:02 PM
alrighty then
i think tommerow morning before i go to work im going to go get the carb out the car and take it apart and clean it out make sure everything is clean then ill mess witht hte a/f ratio maybe thats a problem lets see
oh and i bought the hanz manual im reading right now

buttaz1
05-27-2007, 05:21 AM
ok i think i fixed it
there is no erectic idleing and all the only problem i have is that there is like
a noise with the idle
like ok it goes vom pop(faintly) its something that you have to pay attention to the exhust sound to notice. do you think i should worry about this?

russiankid
05-27-2007, 05:44 AM
ok i think i fixed it
there is no erectic idleing and all the only problem i have is that there is like
a noise with the idle
like ok it goes vom pop(faintly) its something that you have to pay attention to the exhust sound to notice. do you think i should worry about this?
Timing is off.

buttaz1
05-27-2007, 05:11 PM
ok
so ill have to make a stop at the mech
but i drove it to the gas station and it drove well only thing is that it was a lil hasitent.
or maybe its cuz i was nervous that it would leave my ass
but tommerow i am off so ill work on it