PDA

View Full Version : Any factory looking CD players you guys know of?

Kelvin
05-21-2007, 06:20 PM
I'd like to get a CD player for my 89 LX, but I don't want people to jack it. I'd get an old honda one if I could, but I dunno... might be cool to get old school CD player, like an old school blaupunkt or something. What do you guys think>?

ghettogeddy
05-21-2007, 06:52 PM
u can look for like an 05 clarion the lower models were very factory looking u can also look into a stock honda radio i have a sticky in the audio section on what year make and models fit in the 3g i know the preludes and integras work for a fact ive owned a prelude and have a integra cd player

MessyHonda
05-21-2007, 11:03 PM
just get any cd player with a detachable face.

A20A1
05-21-2007, 11:16 PM
I would also like a stock looking deck for different reasons, I don't care for the more extravagant ones anyways too many lights.

The accord did come with a CD player, doubt you'd ever see one cept for in the brochures.

wow here is a retro CD player :)
http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/03/how_to_make_a_gameboy_cd_playe.html

Pricey "BECKER MEXICO" unit, a little too classic looking :)

Take input for CD audio device but doesn't appear to play on it's own

http://www.becker.de/beckerCC21/www_root/index.jsp?language=En

oh and it has many many other features that I guess makes the price as high as it is. :)

guaynabo89
05-23-2007, 04:32 AM
look for single din hondas acuras, ludes, accords, tegs n such. You need to be careful though because they changed the plug in like 98 so some radios wont plug straight into the accord harness.

mid 90's tegs and ludes are a good choice. check ebay they should be pretty cheap.

T-Funk
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
i had this one in my 89
http://www.shoptoit.ca/ss/media/2040000/2040548.jpg

clarion bd457mc
it looked sick against the red/blue of heater controls and stuff, and not too blingy to steal
sounded really nice too

they are hard to find now tho discontinued im sure
had it installed for about a year, and now its sitting in a box in my closet since i have my fit

ghettogeddy
06-05-2007, 04:44 PM
i had this one in my 89
http://www.shoptoit.ca/ss/media/2040000/2040548.jpg

clarion bd457mc
it looked sick against the red/blue of heater controls and stuff, and not too blingy to steal
sounded really nice too

they are hard to find now tho discontinued im sure
had it installed for about a year, and now its sitting in a box in my closet since i have my fit
thats the one with the recorder on it isent it

T-Funk
06-05-2007, 04:54 PM
yeah, i dont think i ever used it though haha, it had capacity for 3 discs i think

Blaaz
06-07-2007, 03:41 PM
I just swapped a newer stock head unit (94-98) and connected an Alpine
CHA-634 MP3 changer to it. All you see it what looks like a stock radio.

Kelvin
06-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I just swapped a newer stock head unit (94-98) and connected an Alpine
CHA-634 MP3 changer to it. All you see it what looks like a stock radio.

Eh? More info please!

2ndGenGuy
06-09-2007, 12:22 AM
The Apline CD MP3 changer is just like a regular CD changer. It's one of those boxes that sits in your trunk. Only this one plays MP3s off of those discs. They're sweet because you can load up 6 discs full of MP3s (or 700MB x4). It looks stock because he bought a stock deck, and hooked up the CD changer to it. It's like a sleeper stereo. :)

Not sure if it has an interface for the stock Honda headunits or not, but usually you hook it up via FM modulator, and have a seperate controller for the changer somewhere on your dash. At least in my experience with CD changers...

Vanilla Sky
06-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Alpine and Matsushita (Panasonic) are the two compaies that build stock Honda headunits. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if an Alpine CD changer had the ability to connect directly to the stock CD player.

2ndGenGuy
06-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Alpine and Matsushita (Panasonic) are the two compaies that build stock Honda headunits. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if an Alpine CD changer had the ability to connect directly to the stock CD player.

That's what I was thinking. Especially if you grab a head unit out of a newer car, like was stated above. I think he said he grabbed a 96 Accord Deck. That should do it.

forrest89sei
06-09-2007, 12:16 PM
That's what I was thinking. Especially if you grab a head unit out of a newer car, like was stated above. I think he said he grabbed a 96 Accord Deck. That should do it.

or a 98 Prelude deck like i have :D

Blaaz
06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Yup. No FM modulator (the sound quality on those isn't very good). An Alpine CHA-S634, Ai-net cable, adapter - Ai-net to M-Bus and a Honda adapter (switches two of the m-bus pins) and it plugs right into the DIN plug on back of the newer stock unit. The changer is selected via the AM/FM select buttons. Buttons 1-6 will select disc. Repeat works. Song up/down works. I haven't found a way to activate the random feature.

2oodoor
06-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I have a JVC that is pretty cool, when you cut off fhe key it disappears. I will have to edit in the model number it is. It looks just like a black faceplate sort of like radio delete option when ever the car is off.

88LXi68
06-12-2007, 01:02 PM
you should buy my setup in the marketplace - Alpine 3disc headunit w 6disc changer

Kelvin
06-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I have a JVC that is pretty cool, when you cut off fhe key it disappears. I will have to edit in the model number it is. It looks just like a black faceplate sort of like radio delete option when ever the car is off.

It's an El Kameleon. I used to have one, but some asshole stole it. They 'blank face' thing doesn't really fool anybody. :(

It was way cool though.

Kelvin
06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
I have a 'free' OLD OLD alpine CD player... alpine 7807. No idea where to find a harness for it. Hell, I can't even find specs on it. It's pre-internet, I think.

2oodoor
06-13-2007, 03:54 AM
I have a 'free' OLD OLD alpine CD player... alpine 7807. No idea where to find a harness for it. Hell, I can't even find specs on it. It's pre-internet, I think.
post a picture of the connection, somebody may have one
you can check some Ford OEM stuff too (80's vintage) , Alpine made those, the harness pin locations or color code may be similar enough to figure out what goes where.

Kelvin
06-13-2007, 05:08 PM
It's a regular 16 pin alpine connector. Anybody make alpine to honda connectors? I found one on ebay, but shipping is $7.00 on it. Screw that.

2oodoor
06-14-2007, 07:24 AM
tryed to put photobucket vid on but it aint working i

russiankid
06-15-2007, 10:36 AM
It's a regular 16 pin alpine connector. Anybody make alpine to honda connectors? I found one on ebay, but shipping is $7.00 on it. Screw that.
My bro made a harness to fit a Civic radio into the 3gee. He soldered connections to the main MB in the cd player. I am sure you just need to find out which connection is for what and solder it on the inside. The one he did still works, just no one uses it.

Kelvin
06-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I could do that I suppose. I just wanted to avoid cutting up the factory harness.

2oodoor
06-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I could do that I suppose. I just wanted to avoid cutting up the factory harness.
you wouldnt necessarily have to, go to auto parts and get the honda pigtail adapter for aftermarket radio installs, then cut on it.
you can pop the cover off the unit and find the power pins..swiithed main and constant memory.... get those established and the hard part is over, it is then just RF, RR, LF, LR, speaker grounds or negative side should be obvious once you find the positive speaker outputs, PWR ANT OUT, CHASSIS GROUND,
Use like a 1 amp fuse inline with test wire when your hunting so you dont fry something

Blaaz
09-13-2007, 01:43 PM
After hesitating for a long time, I finally cut the baskets off the door speaker enclosures and installed my 6.5" Infinity speakers in the door. Worked like a charm.

Anyone in the SF Bay Area interested in stock 6.5 coaxials from an LXi, shoot me a PM.

MessyHonda
09-13-2007, 01:45 PM
After hesitating for a long time, I finally cut the baskets off the door speaker enclosures and installed my 6.5" Infinity speakers in the door. Worked like a charm.

Anyone in the SF Bay Area interested in stock 6.5 coaxials from an LXi, shoot me a PM.

woot....another bay area person.

Blaaz
09-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I was walking the dog a few months back and ran into another 3G member. Tons of 3Gs on Bay Area roads. Even more Accords. I guess no one wants FREE speakers. I also have the stock radio (free) if anyone wants it. Trying to clean out the garage a little.

2ndGenGuy
09-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I was walking the dog a few months back and ran into another 3G member. Tons of 3Gs on Bay Area roads. Even more Accords. I guess no one wants FREE speakers. I also have the stock radio (free) if anyone wants it. Trying to clean out the garage a little.

You should definitely post in the for sale area. It might get completely missed in here.

accordion89
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I would also like a stock looking deck for different reasons, I don't care for the more extravagant ones anyways too many lights.

The accord did come with a CD player, doubt you'd ever see one cept for in the brochures.

wow here is a retro CD player :)
http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/03/how_to_make_a_gameboy_cd_playe.html

Pricey "BECKER MEXICO" unit, a little too classic looking :)

Take input for CD audio device but doesn't appear to play on it's own

http://www.becker.de/beckerCC21/www_root/index.jsp?language=En

oh and it has many many other features that I guess makes the price as high as it is. :)

I wanted a more stock one when my tape deck broke for the same reason
Because I didnt want any leds in my twenty year old car after about a week of looking for a honda cd deck I gave up and bought a alpine cde-9870 after i put it in i was suprised at how good it looked, its the same size as the original deck, I just bought a honda to alpine harness some shrink tubing and used some zipties to hold it, oh dont knok zipties their the ish-nit. i also ran a aux to the dashbox for Ipod, it cost me about a hundrend dollers total

I would recomend replacing the speekers since i managed to blow the stock ones with the original deck : ) this is easy because the speaker mounts have variouse holes to bolt in different speakers, oh yeah get tweeders/speekers

If you want bigger speakers in the rear you can use a dremal tool to make the hole bigger, I have chevy s10 zx2 speakers in the rear

but yeah I would check out alpine decks on ebay :/

GTRSkyline43
12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
if its free hey im in for it...my speakers are all old and crispy my dad putted a aftermarket deck but the wires got loose in the back...either that or im just getting any sounds out of my speakers...lol

Civic Accord Honda
12-17-2007, 01:30 PM

yup a alpine cd changer can conect to a honda tape deck that has cd controls on it like a 97 Accord deck
i know cuz we had a aftermarket alpine cd changer installed in to are 97 accords tape deck damn i should of removed the changer b4 we sold the car =/

AccordB20A
12-17-2007, 07:42 PM
I saw an old school looking deck on trademe. It was so awesome and cheap i wanted it. It was brand new, mp3 and read sd cards anbd USB with amfm radio. it was $89. why so cheap? Cause its not a cd player......... I WANT

stat1K
12-29-2007, 08:34 AM
just saw this thread and wanted to say that i have seen an accord cd player in an se-i in our yard down here... it was added i believe as a dealer option but looked to be the same as the model in the brochure. it was mounted where the eq would be and the tape deck was still in place lol kinda ghetto.