PDA

View Full Version : Fans do not cut on....

Estimated Prophet
05-22-2007, 07:26 AM
I cracked a radiator yesterday running a little hot. So this morning I swapped it for another used one off the yard so this problem continues with two different thermoswitches. When I short the plug that goes to the temp sensor on the bottom of the radiator they spin up fine but if I plug it in they never cut on.

I also replaced the relay under the passenger seat and checked all fuses. Someone at my work suggested there was a temp sensor around the thermostat that could be bad. I'm going to go ahead and replace the thermostat today for the hell of it but anyone know what else I should do?

MessyHonda
05-22-2007, 07:54 AM
have you replaced your termostat?

Estimated Prophet
05-22-2007, 08:51 AM
I ordered a Honda one this morning and they should be bringing it by the shop today sometime, I'm hoping this will do the trick.

BITESIZE
05-22-2007, 08:55 AM
You should have bought a brand new radiator.

Estimated Prophet
05-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I work at a Honda yard with about 15 on a shelf for free. That $100 is better spent elsewhere IMO.

Estimated Prophet
05-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Also what does the TW sensor do?

A20A1
05-22-2007, 10:20 AM
So you have two temp sensors for the fan? one in the radiator and one in the thermostat housing?

If it's just the one wire temp sensor on the t-stat housing, that one if for your guage cluster I don't think it has any effect on the fans.

TW? Thermowax?

Estimated Prophet
05-22-2007, 02:18 PM
So you have two temp sensors for the fan? one in the radiator and one in the thermostat housing?

If it's just the one wire temp sensor on the t-stat housing, that one if for your guage cluster I don't think it has any effect on the fans.

TW? Thermowax?

The TW sensor is on top of the thermostat housing behind the drain bolt. You can see it on the diagram on page 10-6 under Cooling here: http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual/62se300.pdf

Also earlier today shorting the thermosensor plug made the fans start spinning. Now after replacing my thermostat they do not. I just want my damn fans to work. :rant: