PDA

View Full Version : Special Case:Mysterious Engine Vibration When Warming Up! Pls. Help!

LXlimited
05-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well. I've searched but did not find this kind of problem. I’m having issues with my car especially when starting in the morning. When I start it in the morning, the engine would vibrate and sputter. The idle speed would also drop and if I put the gear in reverse the engine would die. If I’m lucky enough, I will able to drive the car for 3 minutes(with the engine vibrating and sputtering) and the engine would stall. It doesn’t really help if I step on the gas pedal coz the engine still vibrates/sputters. What’s weird is, this would only happen when the engine is not fully warmed up. The car runs fine when the engine is fully warmed up. The spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap, rotor, fuel filters, air filter and motor mounts were replaced last year. I also have a new battery. I sprayed some carb cleaner but it didn’t help at all. I also check for vacuum leaks on the hoses but wasn’t able to find any. Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

ahmad89
05-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Do you have that black plastic tube that goes from that black thing behind the valve cover to under the air box? my car was stuttering and vibrating a lot earlier after school and it kept dying when i pressed the gas, i put that plastic tube on and it ran perfect. Its a weird shape tube has an extra piece on top that doesnt connect to anything but it says honda on it i think.

LXlimited
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Do you have that black plastic tube that goes from that black thing behind the valve cover to under the air box? my car was stuttering and vibrating a lot earlier after school and it kept dying when i pressed the gas, i put that plastic tube on and it ran perfect. Its a weird shape tube has an extra piece on top that doesnt connect to anything but it says honda on it i think.

Yes I have that thing. It’s connected though. I believe that the EGR valve. Maybe a faulty EGR valve then?

ahmad89
05-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes I have that thing. It’s connected though. I believe that the EGR valve. Maybe a faulty EGR valve then?
Maybe try to find out a way to test it. If that doesnt work then try to find vacuum leaks or check the engine for anything that doesnt look right or in place if that doesnt work then wait for answers from us. A lot of people on here have helped me through hell.