PDA

View Full Version : A/C mounting bracket question?

SHOtyme
05-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Guys I've got a question for the a/c gurus around here. My a/c had been working fine until I took it in to have the infamous vacuum lines routed properly, well when the guy r/r the carb and routed the lines correctly he forgot to adjust the a/c idle. The day that I did turn the a/c on the revs went thru the roof and the A/C belt came off. I went to put another A/c belt on and It seems that I'm missing the bolt that holds the compressor to the bracket? theres a funny looking adjuster on the back of the compressor thet looks like it's used to tension the compressor but every belt I put on the thing shoots right off, or if it doesn't shoot off, the clutch on the compressor has a REALLY hard time engaging and I feel like I'm gonna damage my compressor. Now isn't there suppossed to be a bolt on the compressor bracket helping tension on the compressor?

Oldblueaccord
05-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah there should be a bolt to tension it. I think we call it a jam nut even doh its really a bolt. Off the top of my head you need a 11 mm wrench which i thought was always weird. its on the bottom of the AC compressor.

Any way no pic. here im at work but your on the right track.

wp