PDA

View Full Version : Just put new muffler on...

F22B1VTEC
05-25-2007, 02:31 PM
So I just put my new performance muffler on a couple days ago... kinda dissapointed with the results. It has a nice low, mean tone, but I wasnt aware of the low points to changing my muffler. I wasnt aware that my low end torque would have to suffer in exchange for a couple more pony's... Im kinda dissapointed, but im sure once i get my Cold Air Intake on next week, it should make up for it. What do you think? Any other bolt ons (not supercharger/turbo) that will bring up torque?

frantik
05-25-2007, 02:45 PM
im sure once i get my Cold Air Intake on next week, it should make up for it. What do you think?
you're going to notice more low end torque loss with the CAI, especially if you're getting the typical 3" ebay one.. if it's 2.5" it won't be as bad but you'll still lose some bottom end.

Estimated Prophet
05-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah kiss your low end good bye.

frantik
05-25-2007, 03:31 PM
the adjustable cam gear is what you use to bring the torque down into the low end right?

Civic Accord Honda
05-25-2007, 03:47 PM
i have a short ram and gained some power :D

2oodoor
05-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I kind of disagree, just because you made an exhaust and or intake mod you should not have a real big difference. Sure there is some low end sacrifice when you do exteme mods in those areas, but your talking bolt ons.. anytime you increase flow with bolt on's you can advance your ign timing a degree or two or three or... you will find your low rpm power and off idle performance to be a good bit more snappy, and throw out your factory timing spec. Just always be carefull you are not predetonating or leaning out at half to wide open throttle.

A20A1
05-25-2007, 06:02 PM
How big is the muffler, and more importantly what is your exhaust pipe size? and how much of it did you change?

MessyHonda
05-25-2007, 11:50 PM
i didnt notice any low end torque lost when i put in my 2.25 inch pipe with high flow magnaflow car and muffler.

speedpenguin
05-26-2007, 04:10 AM
If you only put on a muffler (no exhaust) you should barely be noticing a difference one way or the other.

F22B1VTEC
05-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Hmm... well im noticing quite a bit of change... could it be something else? I also noticed that my vtec isnt, well, it doesnt feel like it is pulling as hard as it did when i first got the car. Could over filling the oil do that? Cuz i think i may have over filled it on accident. I dont know, but im kinda pissed that ive lost a bit of power. :rant:

cubert
05-28-2007, 06:30 PM
its ok..in another month youll be deaf like me and wont worry about the power loss :lol:

F22B1VTEC
05-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Haha, it aint that loud.