PDA

View Full Version : Which MSD???

89accordlxi
09-10-2002, 10:52 AM
OK. My question is about the MSD ignitions. Which is the best for our cars in a moderately modded engine. I will name a few and you all suggest which would be best. There is the 6a, 6aL, SCI, and the SCI-L. If anyone has any of these, please post and explain why you chose the one you did. I believe the 6a is the base unit. Then the 6aL is the same as the 6a but with rev. limiter. The sci is for high reving engines up to 10,000 rpm I think. But I don't know the difference between the SCI and the SCI-L. Maybe the L on has the rev. limiter? Any suggestions or comments. Aren't all these units basically the same thing??? What is the major differences.

Thanks for reading and please leave any info that you would like to share.

Peace...

2Fast_Fiero
09-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Email MSD and ask them what would be the best Ignition System for your application, they will tell you all you need to know if you give them the right info, like hp, or what your hp goal is to be stuff like that, I Love MSD, they actualy work with the customer to help out in every way they can

rallyeNate
09-10-2002, 01:43 PM
i have a MSD 6al, i bought that one because my friend sold it to me for a double roller timming set ($50)

buy the digital6 everything you will ever need and its not to much more than the 6al

the SCI are pretty much a rip off if you are not in a small engine compartment.

PhydeauX
09-10-2002, 03:16 PM
The SCI is the same size as the 6A. Its pretty much the same thing, there is some diference, but its minor. Your really paying more for the silver paint. 6A is fine for a 3g. I'd get a 6A-L so you can at least say it does something. The stock ignition is pretty decent and your not really going to notice a diference with a MSD.

andy

1988starter
09-10-2002, 06:45 PM
I felt a nice responce with my MSD 6al

89accordlxi
09-10-2002, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info fellas. keep them coming. I have an extra $250 to spend on top of the headers and custom cat back piping that I already have planned. So what would be the best thing to do with the $250. I was thinking either the msd or cam. But I need it to be a weekend bolt on since the 3g is the only car I have and can't afford at this time to have the car down for too long. That is why I was thinking the msd would be best for now.
any suggestions.

later..