PDA

View Full Version : b20a oil pan gasket

3gmodifier
05-27-2007, 06:24 PM
ok i have looked through all of the compatable parts threads and found nothing on this. i need one bad. will the b20a5 oil pan gasket work on the 3g b20a? mine is in fair condition but i dont wanna use any make a gasket type of stuff cuz i have done this befor and it cause the gasket to squeeze out a little and it leekd oil. any help.

3gmodifier
05-27-2007, 08:40 PM
ok just went auto zone. i got a b20a5 gasket and it looks identicle. i try it out and its very differant. so i guess i am back to ground zero.

thegreatdane
06-06-2007, 03:04 PM
twoloudnproud has purchased b20a gaskets in the US through ajusa. They carry the oil pan gasket as well. Give them a try.

snoopyloopy
06-06-2007, 03:23 PM
no, you're up one level now. you know b20a5 gasket is a no-go. and yeah, twoloud gets b20a compatible-parts. so ask him about it and see who his connections are.

rjudgey
06-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Shame your not in U.K. have a complete block gasket kit sitting in my garage. but as the Great Dane says get Ajusa to get you one as thats where mine are from better than OEM in my opinion.

apache07x
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
twoloudnprouds supplier IS NOT an Ajusa dealer anymore I called Randy yesterday 08.31.11 and was going to drive over and get a set over the weekend but it's a no go. From what he told me, Randy, and what I have found online Ajusa has pulled out of the USA completely. Anyone know where to get a gasket set or am I taking this B20A back to it's old home?

2ndGenGuy
09-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Might ask some overseas members if they can get you one, but I was told when I bought mine that it was pretty much the last one Honda had in NZ. But that might just be the OEM gasket. Probably still some aftermarket ones available in other places.

RobT5580
09-10-2011, 04:46 AM
I had that same issue trying to get oem ones from overseas so i picked up the ajusa sets a few years ago. This is not good for us B20A owners.

But i would bet someone can get a aftermarket overseas.

apache07x
09-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Got a B20A5 gasket set. Guess the pan will be permatex and I'll pray I don't have a blown head gasket EVER. Would be really nice if someone could find an aftermarket source that will actually deal with us either individually or as a group. This place makes gaskets for a B20A too but they will not email me back. Maybe someone in the UK can get them to answer if any of you guys have any friends on here in the UK? Here it is. http://www.motivecomponents.co.uk/ FXH740 is their full gasket set # but they also have just a head set if someone in the UK can get a response I'm good for at least 1 set if not 2.

and here is a head set I found elsewhere http://www.japarts.co.uk/shop/index.php?sh=search&make=2&model=ACCORD%201986-90&cap=&prevo=&hidden_make=&s=&vehicle_iid=115&sn=Gaskets&cat=2304_15007

zedries
09-11-2011, 10:16 PM
also, Ajusa full sets are still available as far as I know. Just plug B20 into the engine code search in their catalogue and it should come up.

apache07x
09-12-2011, 02:45 AM
Yeah the problem I've had with Ajusa is finding a US dealer for them. No one here in the US seems to carry Ajusa anymore and they won't answer my emails for some reason?

MessyHonda
10-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah the problem I've had with Ajusa is finding a US dealer for them. No one here in the US seems to carry Ajusa anymore and they won't answer my emails for some reason?

i got a set 2 years ago its still sealed in my storage box

2oodoor
10-27-2011, 03:58 AM
There are companies here in US that make copper head gaskets, one of and customs too.
Ive heard of them being used on B18 race engines so hell why can't we just stud our blocks and use copper HG?

As for oil pan gaskets, just use 100 percent RTV without trying to use any preformed piece that will squeeze out.
Don't cheep out on the brand and you can also go to any GM parts counter and get "OEM" intake gaskets which is merely a tube of quality RTV.. lol , seriously for real though.
There is a skill involved with doing this right so you don't have too much excess squeezing into the inner part of the pan and also you need to go wide enough on corners. You don't want a piece of RTV to get loose inside the oil pan to be picked up by the strainer.

apache07x
10-27-2011, 05:00 AM
The problem with copper head gaskets is the machine work involved to make them work and reliability. The head and block both have to be decked so their perfectly straight and one surface has to be o-ringed. Not the ideal situation for a daily driver. I hear they are nowhere near as reliable either although I don't know that from personal experience but this was told to me by a company that makes copper gaskets, their advice was to NOT run a copper gasket on a daily driver.

I did find a place that carries a head set overseas for around 120 plus shipping but I honestly lost interest and just hoping it runs GOOD when I put it in. No reason to fix it if it's not broke right? I think you told me that when I bought this motor Guy and I should have listened but I'm stubborn but the lights finally come on lol. If not back to the A20 I suppose? That is if my fiance doesn't literally kill me. After all of the time, effort and money I've put into this it better run very well or it may be lights out for me....lol but seriously I may be single again if it doesn't run good. :(

rjudgey
10-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Gaskets.

Chaps don't use copper for race use only will leak water and oil like no tomorrow!!
Also I have contacts that work in Car parts distributer for UK and they deal with Ajusa I can get any headgasket kit you like at trade price and then have it shipped to you, typically Head gasket kit will be about £70 conversion kit for block about £25 so whole thing is just under £100 pounds can ship out to you if you really need it but obviously shipping won't be cheap as I'm in UK but at least you have an option if you get stuck.
Anyone ever need anything you can email me [email protected] just managed to get some spares and have a few B20A bits and bobs around too so if you need something just ask if it's spare then I'm prepared to let it go to a nice home!!

2oodoor
10-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Great, it is comforting to know it wouldn't be the end of the motor if the head needed to come of for any reason.

apache07x
10-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Very true. It was so dis-heartening to actually be able to find a motor and 5 speed transmission pretty much complete to only find out it's next to impossible to find parts for them.

I really want to open it up and replace all the gaskets but I'll see how it runs first. Nice to know I do have an option to get them if needed though and I don't have a boat anchor. Thanks!