PDA

View Full Version : Help...rear brake conversion delima!!!!

pot_of_rice
05-28-2007, 10:01 AM
I have an EX-i ( LX-i ) but the rear brakes are coming from an SE-i. As I was working on putting the brakes together with newer parts I noticed that the rotors I got would not fit onto the SE-i hub and the brake pads are smaller than the ones on the SE-i.

I was wondering if the SE-i 4 bolt hubs are really a size larger than the EX-i and would the SE-i brake conversion fit the EX-i??????

Help, I need answers quick!!!!

MessyHonda
05-28-2007, 10:22 AM
sounds like you got the wrong rotors and pads. IMO the rear disks have very small rotors.

pot_of_rice
05-28-2007, 10:30 AM
sounds like you got the wrong rotors and pads. IMO the rear disks have very small rotors.

I got the rotors from ACU auto on E-bay and ordered rotors for an SE-i and they where smaller than the rotors on the rear brake conversion. I was told that the rear brake conversion was off of an 89 SE-i. I ordered the parts thinking it would fit but the holes on the rotors fit my lug pattern on my car ( EX-i) but not on the conversion.

So what the question is is the SE-i lug pattern bigger really than that of the LX-i or EX-i????

ghettogeddy
05-28-2007, 10:32 AM
I got the rotors from ACU auto on E-bay and ordered rotors for an SE-i and they where smaller than the rotors on the rear brake conversion. I was told that the rear brake conversion was off of an 89 SE-i. I ordered the parts thinking it would fit but the holes on the rotors fit my lug pattern on my car ( EX-i) but not on the conversion.
So what the question is is the SE-i lug pattern bigger really than that of the LX-i or EX-i????
so ur saying that ur rims wont even fit the conversion

pot_of_rice
05-28-2007, 10:37 AM
so ur saying that ur rims wont even fit the conversion
the rims and the rotors bought have the same lug spacing so those where ment for each other. the brake conversion lug spacing is larger so they won't fit on my rims.....

....man, this sucks

ghettogeddy
05-28-2007, 10:46 AM
the rims and the rotors bought have the same lug spacing so those where ment for each other. the brake conversion lug spacing is larger so they won't fit on my rims.....
....man, this sucks
sounds like u got the wrong conversion there was only one lug pattern for the 3g

MessyHonda
05-28-2007, 10:58 AM
lug patern is the same.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/LX-i/DSCF2500Medium.jpg

2ndGenGuy
05-28-2007, 10:58 AM
You need to be careful when you order stuff for pre-90 Accords. Most people don't know crap about them and especially on places like eBay, you'll wind up getting the wrong part. I don't know how many parts I've seen listed for a 1984 Accord, and they were for an 86-89 Accord.

I'm going to put money on you getting the brake conversion kit for the 4th or 5th gen Accord or something.

pot_of_rice
05-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Awwwww man, i really hope I didn't I spent so much just getting parts for it and tools and everything else....ah booo.
heres some pics of them.....
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dela_mezn/detail?.dir=/3eb8re2&.dnm=f613re2.jpg&.src=ph
and the front...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dela_mezn/detail?.dir=/3eb8re2&.dnm=763ere2.jpg&.src=ph
...if these are from an 4th gen would they be able to fit into a 3rd gen?

ghettogeddy
05-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Those Dont Look Right At All

HondaBoy
05-28-2007, 12:04 PM
nope those are the wrong ones. those look just like 4th gen rears. damn that sucks ass. i did a lot of research before i did my rear conversion. also made sure to buy from a 3geez member.

pot_of_rice
05-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Im getting a sinking feeling that those aren't brake conversions for a 3ed gen....awhhhhhhhh......hulk smashhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!:wtf:

....now that kinda settles alot here now comes the next steps...does anyone know which car that came from???

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dela_mezn/album?.dir=3eb8re2&.src=ph

I bought the conversion from a milesstyles ([email protected]) [mailto:[email protected]] from ebay, back in Feb just a heads up if you see that person selling something.

pot_of_rice
05-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Has anyone ever did a conversion with a 4th gen brake??

HondaBoy
05-28-2007, 12:17 PM
no, i'm telling you those arent them. i can look at them and see they are 4x112 or whatever the larger spacing is, definately not 4x100. i'd see if you could return that assembly or something because you will have to spend a crap load of time to make custom mounts and whatnot for that to fit your 3rd gen. i would believe this came from either a 4th or 5th gen accord, but probably 4th gen by the way the upper part of the suspension looks.

no, nobody has done the larger spacing conversion from later models, just too much work involved and not worth while.

ghettogeddy
05-28-2007, 12:23 PM
on the rear drums the studs are just pressed into the the drum what are they held on by on the rear disk setups is there a way to just do a lug conversion

MessyHonda
05-28-2007, 12:28 PM
no, i'm telling you those arent them. i can look at them and see they are 4x112 or whatever the larger spacing is, definately not 4x100. i'd see if you could return that assembly or something because you will have to spend a crap load of time to make custom mounts and whatnot for that to fit your 3rd gen. i would believe this came from either a 4th or 5th gen accord, but probably 4th gen by the way the upper part of the suspension looks.
no, nobody has done the larger spacing conversion from later models, just too much work involved and not worth while.

some guy did run a 1st gen legend rear disk set up. i remember he said the suspension was a lil wack but he had coil overs and thoes tunner rims with the dual bolt patern

HondaBoy
05-28-2007, 12:35 PM
but, he only used the calipers, not the hub from the legend. remember he took off some metal from the caliper so it would fit? i think he used the 4x100, it wasnt that long ago though. i think also some civic crx parts from the rear can be used. probably just the caliper.

pot_of_rice
05-28-2007, 12:50 PM
thanks for the help everyone...at least i know at this point its not a 3rd gen brake conversion and I got a shit load of parts in my hand!!!!

....well at least I got a front strut bar.....woooohoooo

booo on the brakes!

MessyHonda
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
but, he only used the calipers, not the hub from the legend. remember he took off some metal from the caliper so it would fit? i think he used the 4x100, it wasnt that long ago though. i think also some civic crx parts from the rear can be used. probably just the caliper.

well im not talking about legend master....im talking about this other guy that did a full rear disk brake system out of the 1st gen legend. he said he already dumped the car so he could not take pics.