PDA

View Full Version : Strut bars...i know again...and yes i did search lol

twofast4u
05-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, Now I've seen members using the 4g strut bars on our cars with modification...now i ask you does anyone know how to modify a 92 civic strut bar on to our cars. I've seen one member who has it installed but using only one bolt on each side. Now I was thinking i could go for something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230123930568&rd=1&rd=1

Then bend the bottom 2 brackets on each side to fit. but truth be told I dont know if that'll work or not. Anyone have any ideas?

MessyHonda
05-29-2007, 01:04 PM
i would save up more money and get a set of swaybars instead.

twofast4u
05-29-2007, 03:08 PM
ok which companies make sway bars for our cars...but if i wanted to put the strut bar, would this be easier than the 4g conversion?

ghettogeddy
05-29-2007, 03:19 PM
check out lilxoxbit(sp) hes got a set or justin bars for sell that will be front upper and lower and rear upper and lower for like 200 i think

MessyHonda
05-29-2007, 04:40 PM
ok which companies make sway bars for our cars...but if i wanted to put the strut bar, would this be easier than the 4g conversion?

ST makes swaybars for our car....they run like 300 bucks for the front and rear. and they make one hell of a difference.

frantik
05-29-2007, 04:58 PM

are the cars even the same width? chances are you're going to need to make sure the bar is the right length in addition to trying to get the drilled holes to line up

ghettogeddy
05-29-2007, 05:00 PM
couldent u just weld the strut bar into place if it fits or re drill new holes into the strut tower i know its a noob question but id like to know

twofast4u
05-29-2007, 06:55 PM
are the cars even the same width? chances are you're going to need to make sure the bar is the right length in addition to trying to get the drilled holes to line upActually they are...twhonza used a 92 civic one as you can see in the engin pic thread (its about half way down)

http://3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52138

but he only bolted it once per side. I'm thinking if i bend the bracket abit it should work...

2drSE-i
05-29-2007, 08:48 PM
i wouldnt bother if your only gonna use one bolt. besides, those cheap ebay ones dont work for shit. Youd be better off buying the ones off lxoxbit, they are awesome i have them on my car.

MessyHonda
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
i wouldnt bother if your only gonna use one bolt. besides, those cheap ebay ones dont work for shit. Youd be better off buying the ones off lxoxbit, they are awesome i have them on my car.

dc was a bolt on... i mean...it just looks nice.....sway bars affect handling more. that is my next mod.

frantik
05-29-2007, 09:57 PM
he was saying it's not worth it if it's held on with one one bolt, not if it's a bolt on :kekeke: I like my justin's bar though the dc of course looks cleaner

i too plan on getting some sway bars.. when i first put on my new springs and shocks the car had no body roll.. once they broke in there's a lil body roll that would be nice to get rid of

ghettogeddy
05-29-2007, 09:58 PM
he was saying it's not worth it if it's held on with one one bolt, not if it's a bolt on :kekeke: I like my justin's bar though the dc of course looks cleaner

i too plan on getting some sway bars.. when i first put on my new springs and shocks the car had no body roll.. once they broke in there's a lil body roll that would be nice to get rid of
i get my dc bar on the 5th then im painting it lol eewww red. satin black with the dc in red ftw!

88accordSF
05-29-2007, 10:22 PM

yup. dead on.

swaybars down below are much more related with wheel stability than strut bars up top. because swaybars contain suspension movement directly, by connecting to suspension components and controlling all the unnecessary up-n-down movements in wheel assemblies

strut bars just make the entire "box" a little stiffer (the body / chassis), but don't affect suspension movement directly like the sway bars do. your wheels will still bounce & move like stock with strut bars.

i run my race car at 70-90 mph on curving on/off highway ramps, like the Bay Area Maze, with no strut bars. they're not really necessary if you setup the suspension right. i use a fatty 1.25" sway bar in front, and heim joint suspension in the rear with lower control arms for CG modification, which is almost the same as a sway bar in the rear except its like an individual sway bar for each rear left and right wheels (so i can offset camber differences in wheel travel for corners).... anyways... blah blah...

stick with the swaybars for better bang per buck on suspension

86AccordLxi
05-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Vigor rear bar. J/y find. Done and done.

Alex

twofast4u
05-30-2007, 07:53 PM
i was doing some reading...and dont tell me the rear strut bars came with the EX-i...

86AccordLxi
05-30-2007, 07:57 PM
What? Most cars don't come with factory strut bars.

Go the j/y and pick up an Acura Vigor rear sway bar. It'll do more for your car than any other mod.

Alex

twofast4u
05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
What? Most cars don't come with factory strut bars.

Go the j/y and pick up an Acura Vigor rear sway bar. It'll do more for your car than any other mod.

Alex
Woops! im half asleep....i meant sway bar...

ghettogeddy
05-30-2007, 08:12 PM
http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/61A3366A0A0A1777110.aspx

310 and some change shipped for the front and rear st sway bars im def getting me a set

2drSE-i
05-30-2007, 08:23 PM
the EX-i should have a rear sway bar...id be surprised if it didnt...the lx-is did.

86AccordLxi
05-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah, but go get the vigor one anyway.

Alex

MessyHonda
05-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah, but go get the vigor one anyway.

Alex

vigors are kinda rare tho....il try to find one....but by looking at sway bars does it matter of what material they are made out of. cuz the st are not bad looking and our stock sway bars look all dinky after lots of miles.

ZackieDarko
05-31-2007, 12:38 AM
http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/61A3366A0A0A1777110.aspx

310 and some change shipped for the front and rear st sway bars im def getting me a set

summit has them for 280 somethen...but apparently they are out of stock ATM

twofast4u
05-31-2007, 04:20 AM
the EX-i should have a rear sway bar...id be surprised if it didnt...the lx-is did.
NO WAY!!! My car is just an EX but i did a carb to efi conversion...i had 2 EX-i's and i didnt think of taking the sway bar before i scrapped it :( Oh well time to buy another 3gee for $50!

2drSE-i
05-31-2007, 07:39 AM
summit has them for 280 somethen...but apparently they are out of stock ATM

they are just on backorder. I ordered mine in november, i got them in early feb. and dont bother picking up a parts carfor just a sway bar, as like 3 people have said, if you get the rear vigor swaybar it is actually thicker than any performance one you can buy, and the only thing you have to do to make it fit is bore out the sway bar bushing.

MessyHonda
05-31-2007, 10:18 AM
they are just on backorder. I ordered mine in november, i got them in early feb. and dont bother picking up a parts carfor just a sway bar, as like 3 people have said, if you get the rear vigor swaybar it is actually thicker than any performance one you can buy, and the only thing you have to do to make it fit is bore out the sway bar bushing.

some poly bushings would be nice tho....maybe make our own for the sway bar.

87LXiR
05-31-2007, 05:51 PM

Not exactly sure how large the vigors rear bar is but by the look of a picture i saw it seems to be 3/4in. these guys sell a 3/4in rear bar www.p-s-t.com/sport/sisway.html (http://www.p-s-t.com/sport/sisway.html)they are a little pricey but it also includes poly bushings in their price.

i would recomend the vigor bar seeing as its a much cheaper option but as someone mentioned earlier they are very rare and hard to come by( i know iv been looking with no success :rant: )

2drSE-i
05-31-2007, 08:53 PM
woah never heard of them...good find!

ghettogeddy
05-31-2007, 08:56 PM
ya 350 for a front and rear end kit

frantik
06-06-2007, 05:53 PM
i would recomend the vigor bar seeing as its a much cheaper option but as someone mentioned earlier they are very rare and hard to come by( i know iv been looking with no success :rant: )
estimated prophet is selling them on here for $60 shipped :thumbup:

and summit racing has ST bars on back order but the price is $119 for each bar.. pretty good deal. they say they have free shipping, but they charge a $10 'handling fee' :wtf: anyways