PDA

View Full Version : full head light/front end conversion!!

markmdz89hatch
09-10-2002, 01:04 PM
hey what do all 'o you'z think about a corrado headlight conversion on a hatch? I think that'd look pretty friggin sweet if you ask me. ...but no, I won't do it to mine, at least not the current one, I was just thinkin about it. ( I like the flips too damn much).

Let me know your thoughts. Anyone wanna photo-chop a snap of what this might look like?

HondaBoy
09-15-2002, 07:01 PM
what do you mean corrado? nothing is clicking in my mind . tell me what u mean.

89AccordNate
09-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Vw carrado.....small hatcbach car, can be made fast as balls :)

Nate.

anchovies
09-16-2002, 10:22 AM
imports and euros don't mix :flip:

88Ex-i
09-16-2002, 08:52 PM
interesting idea.................here's a few Corrado's for those not familiar..........

http://hondasport19.150m.com/otherrides/corrado.jpg

http://hondasport19.150m.com/otherrides/corrado2.jpg

A20A1
09-16-2002, 11:52 PM
Hey the Euro Type-R accord is sweet... I'm not sure what generation it was but it's in GT-2.

There are like a bazillion corrados floating around since the beginning of 2001.

wanna_b_ricer
09-17-2002, 01:45 AM
yeha, believe it or not, but commodore lights fit perfectly in there, just the bonnet dosent close, oh well i guess i can dream.......mmm holden accord :D :D

Grant2k
09-19-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by anchovies
imports and euros don't mix :flip:

actually, i think that euros are imported. just a hunch.

Micah 89LXi
09-19-2002, 11:05 PM
so thats what that is...there is a really sweet one for sale on my road he wants $2700 for it..i would love to have it...its all fixed up and crazy..i knew it was VW..just didnt know what

anchovies
09-20-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Grant2k

actually, i think that euros are imported. just a hunch.

ASIAN imports and euros don't mix :flip: :D

A20A1
09-20-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by wanna_b_ricer
yeha, believe it or not, but commodore lights fit perfectly in there, just the bonnet dosent close, oh well i guess i can dream.......mmm holden accord :D :D

Just reset the latch height... you can put the bracket on spacers for the upper bolts and extend the middle of the bracket with a slim flat steel bar. That way the hood will close and lock earlier... only trouble is you'll have to fill in the gaps on the side.... the gap in the front will bring in air to cool the engine.

markmdz89hatch
09-20-2002, 01:34 PM
OOOOK, now I officially have no idea how this thread went from where I started to this.. ...it's oK tho, any front end conversion conversation is good for me... ...just one problem...

...I have no clue what the hell you guys are talking about... ...could someone explain it to the idiot.:help:

Grant2k
09-20-2002, 02:30 PM
i beleive he means take the headlights from the VW and put them in a 3g. it would look pretty sick.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-20-2002, 02:37 PM
Sure like the red one:D but wouldn't touch it on account of it's suspension.;)

HondaBoy
09-22-2002, 08:44 AM
oic. i had forgot about that VW. i can remember those back in the 80s and early 90s. those are alrite but i would have to say keep it all honda. people told me to forget about getting a j-spec headlight conversion on my 3gee. i wanted to fixed headlights instead of the pop-ups. but take a good while and think. have u ever seen any other sedans or too many other cars with pop-ups? thats what someone told me to think about cuz u dont see too many cars with em. although if u ever seen a mazda RX-7 wit the pop-ups replaced with a new unit that fits into the existing "hole''.

tightwhitelx
09-22-2002, 11:49 AM
anybody know if the headlight replacement for rx-7's would fit for our cars.

HondaBoy
09-23-2002, 07:32 PM
i dont think they would but you could modify em. if u have a place in ur town that does custom car stuff, u could have them make head lights like ones that replace the flip-ups on the RX-7s. i would like a projector style type. i think they should make stuff like that for our 3geez. thats shitty of companies that make stuff for other cars, like i have seen clear tails for that crappyest of cars. like a mitsubishi hard body pick up. i cant believe that . i think every body on this board should bug the hell out of companies to make custom apperance parts. just a thought cuz i hope more people will do this by talking to companies.