PDA

View Full Version : car starting issues

buttaz1
05-31-2007, 08:00 PM
ok well as you may all know im well on my way to fixing my car and making it
ummm bragable.
somthing is the matter though with my car perodictly my car starts and dies imediatly and it worked great today after the msd install it started starting up like a new car but when it got dark and i got off of work it took some gas pedal pumping to make it start.
after that it ran sweet except for a screaching belt but then i came to a stop sign and it bogged a lil more like it hasitated a lil when i hit the gas.?
could it be a carb problem or something with my ignation or timing or somehting?

ahmad89
05-31-2007, 08:05 PM
i have that problem too, i start my car and it just dies immediately and when i get to a stop sign or start to go again, my rpms kinda drop and bog a lil then it starts going. Back on topic, buttaz what car do you have? i have an 89 accord DX carbed.

russiankid
05-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Did you check to see if the float level is halfway? The starting and then shutting off is one of the problem i had. I replaced my fuel pump and the secondary fuel filter and it stopped doing it. A good way to start it is to put it in the ON position, then pump the gas once and start it. After work, trying putting it in the ON position then one pump of the gas and see if it fires up.

buttaz1
05-31-2007, 08:19 PM
88 accord lx
i honestly beleave its a carb thing
a timing problem i wonder what happends it i advance the time alot to the point were its about to f up and then take it down a lil bit

russiankid
05-31-2007, 08:22 PM
88 accord lx
i honestly beleave its a carb thing
a timing problem i wonder what happends it i advance the time alot to the point were its about to f up and then take it down a lil bit
Does it idle smooth?

buttaz1
05-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Did you check to see if the float level is halfway? The starting and then shutting off is one of the problem i had. I replaced my fuel pump and the secondary fuel filter and it stopped doing it. A good way to start it is to put it in the ON position, then pump the gas once and start it. After work, trying putting it in the ON position then one pump of the gas and see if it fires up.
you mean the carb float ? mines is mostly out
or the tank float? i think mines is broken
my gauge is alway a quater or more off
how can i fix that?

russiankid
05-31-2007, 08:24 PM
you mean the carb float ? mines is mostly out
or the tank float? i think mines is broken
my gauge is alway a quater or more off
how can i fix that?
I am talking about the carburetor one. There is a little glass on the carb on the driveside of the engine. When the engine is running it should be half full.

P.S I remember you having fuel pump problems. Did you ever figure out what is the psi output of the pump? If it puts out more than 3 psi then it is to much for this carb.

buttaz1
05-31-2007, 08:35 PM
i got the oem one i went to the jy and got a new pump and my car is running so much better

ahmad89
05-31-2007, 08:39 PM
I am talking about the carburetor one. There is a little glass on the carb on the driveside of the engine. When the engine is running it should be half full.

P.S I remember you having fuel pump problems. Did you ever figure out what is the psi output of the pump? If it puts out more than 3 psi then it is to much for this carb.
Its hard to tell where my float level is cause my window is so dirty or something, would spraying some like windex help me see the float level better?

buttaz1
05-31-2007, 08:58 PM
i personally think carb cleaner cleans well its enough to strip paint

ahmad89
05-31-2007, 09:00 PM
i personally think carb cleaner cleans well its enough to strip paint
so i should spray carb cleaner on the window?

buttaz1
05-31-2007, 09:14 PM
yea if its not plastic i dont see why not or dab it on a qtip and the clean it that way

ahmad89
05-31-2007, 09:17 PM
yea if its not plastic i dont see why not or dab it on a qtip and the clean it that way
k i'll do that when i get my car running i need to check the level cause its not running right.

buttaz1
05-31-2007, 09:58 PM
or alchohal
why dont you go to a jy and try and score a carb? and rebuild like im doing
so even if its not the carb you get a brand spanking new carb out the deal

russiankid
06-01-2007, 09:07 AM
or alchohal
why dont you go to a jy and try and score a carb? and rebuild like im doing
so even if its not the carb you get a brand spanking new carb out the deal
Well this isn't always the solution. My brother bought a carb from the junkyard and rebuilt it, maybe it was his fault, maybe it's the carb, but it bogs the engine when you give it a lot of gas from idle.

ahmad89
06-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Ima record a video of how my car acts when im trying to drive cause its really annoying and makes me late for anything. I'll record it on tape them upload it on here when i get the car running, lil heads up the video is gonna be kinda long.

buttaz1
06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
ok so i bought the carb it was hellllll fire
to get i drank a bottle of water and it all came out in sweat as sooon as i got it down lol and then there was a cable i just couldnt get but over all this was a fun experience
i think im going to take it apart now and clean it and wait till i get my rebuild kit

ahmad89
06-01-2007, 10:11 PM
good, keep us updated.

buttaz1
06-02-2007, 06:26 AM
on question though?
how do i know if this is a kahien carb cuz i dont wanna take it apart and then it dont work cuz i flipped it over or somethign you know what i mean?
and is it oke for me to take it apart and then leave it in carb clean for a week?
till i get my tune up kit?

A18A
06-02-2007, 06:41 AM
you will know its a kehin carb if it runs like shit :)

j/k j/k

buttaz1
06-02-2007, 06:55 AM
lol
come on lol thats was kinda funny
but seriousky shouldnt it say it some where on the carb?
i really dont wanna do all that work and it fulls apart and stuff