PDA

View Full Version : B16/B18 intake manifold, throttle cable solution?

newaccorddriver
06-01-2007, 06:12 PM
would the solution to the throttle cable issue with the B16/B18 intake manifold be to get a throttle cable from an integra or a B16 civic? i dont have the proper material/machines to fabricate a new bracket, so im hoping id be able to use a different cable instead

guaynabo89
06-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Nope

I tried several civic teg and accord brackets and none were long enough.

gotta make a bracket to make it sit closer to the tb.

just got to home depot buy a piece of flat alum stock, a couple of bolts with nutsand thats it. Take the flat stock and place the stock bracker on it and mark the wholes. Drill the wholes out. Take the bracket and attatch it to the alum stock using the two bolts and nuts you purchased. attatch the cable to tb and put your bracket on and align it where it needs ro be. mark the wholes on the alum stock again where the manifold mounting holes are. detach the bracket from cable and drill out the two marked wholes. cut the alum stock to the correct length and there you go. youve just made an extension piece that bolts onto the manifold and then the stock tb cable bracker now bolts up to that. if your meausurements were correct you shauld have no probs.

search for some of my pics and youll see how easy it is.

guaynabo89
06-01-2007, 07:55 PM
oops sorry misread your question. never tried swapping cables but its not hard to make an extension bracket

thegreatdane
06-03-2007, 05:10 AM
A drill and a hacksaw is all you need to make an extension bracket. It's very very very easy to make.

bobafett
06-03-2007, 07:30 AM
+ 1

I will take some pics of mine later today. Seriously it took me like 2 hours to make this and I am SLOW!

only tools you need are a hacksaw to cut the aluminum bar down to a 3-4" peice, a little file to clean up your cuts, and a drill with X sized bits for the bolt holes. Also, I suggest overdrilling the holes that hold the bracket onto your extension just slightly, to allow you room to get the right angle and spacing. There is obviously a good amount of adjustment in the cable, so you don't need to get this exact. :)

PICS later today. :)