PDA

View Full Version : removing rear tranny mount

newaccorddriver
06-03-2007, 09:30 AM
well, apparently when i tried to find my rear mount, it was nowhere to be found, so my engine drop got delayed. since i cant source one out through a wrecker, and i dont want to pay dealership prices, im forced to go to the junkyard for it.

is it possible to remove the rear tranny mount while its on the car? the junkyard i go to doesnt let me use a jack in the yard, so it might be a challenge

AccordEpicenter
06-03-2007, 09:39 AM
you have to be able to get under the car to get it off

ghettogeddy
06-03-2007, 09:51 AM
im sure u can take it off and not worry about anything drooping

newaccorddriver
06-03-2007, 09:56 AM
you have to be able to get under the car to get it off

their cars are all jacked up on wheels, so thats not a problem. maybe i should have made it a bit more clear. they dont let people use jacks on the engines or anything cause of the unleveled ground

newaccorddriver
06-03-2007, 09:56 AM
im sure u can take it off and not worry about anything drooping

thats the only thing im worried about cause it would be my head its dropping on

ghettogeddy
06-03-2007, 09:57 AM
thats the only thing im worried about cause it would be my head its dropping on
u cant take a jack with u

LX-incredible
06-03-2007, 12:01 PM
If you remove #10 with the mount you won't need to jack anything up. It was 3 bolts and I remember doing it mostly(if not all) from the top.
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9615/rearmountvo6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

newaccorddriver
06-03-2007, 12:11 PM
just came back from the junkyard with success. even came back with a P06 and a PR4 ECU.

the way i did it was i disconnected the shift linkage, then took off the crossmember. from there i got one of the bolts up top on the mount, then the bottom two. the scary thing is i took the bottom one out last from under the car. when that bolt gave way, the tranny dropped about half an inch, so i was still safe. i was surprised there wasnt that much tension on the mount though. anyways, im happy with what i got and left with, now i can continue on my car and putting the engine in next week...