PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy question

Rendon LX-i
06-03-2007, 08:58 PM
yea u gonna tell me to use da search button lol...but I got a problem.....I was driving and all of a sudden my car bogged...like choking...well i know this happen to me before....cuz my MSD box went out well this time....I just using my SS blaster well it has spark....So i know its my dizzy.....cause i pulled one of the boots off and put a screw and put it against metal and sparked one time......but wasnt as strong like from the coil to the dizzy.....I hope u guys understand me lol......So i put a different inginiter same shit....So I know this happen to some of u guys....give me some input....how did u guys take da dizzy off well i know how to but see if u guys have any easyer way....well let me know what u guys did.....thanks Rendon lx-i

LX-incredible
06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Is it a Tec or a Hitachi? Are the cap and rotor in good condition?

Rendon LX-i
06-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah it was da cap and rotor...rotor was grounding it self out....had a pin hole in it.....thanks crew

Cheeseburger
06-05-2007, 11:40 PM
i would change the rotor and the cap first.

MessyHonda
06-06-2007, 08:19 AM
i would change the rotor and the cap first.

i got a new one....but i have not put it in since im waiting for some funds for a good set of wires.

Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 08:53 AM
i got a new one....but i have not put it in since im waiting for some funds for a good set of wires.

so did i :D

MessyHonda
06-06-2007, 08:56 AM
so did i :D

what kind of wires you getting?

Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 09:12 AM
neuspeed :D

MessyHonda
06-06-2007, 09:15 AM
neuspeed :D

they make a set for the a20? or is it custom?

Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 09:16 AM
they make a set :D

Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 09:19 AM
http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/neuspeed_performance.htm

$84 bucks yO!

MessyHonda
06-06-2007, 09:33 AM
too bad they are yellow

ahmad89
06-06-2007, 10:05 AM
nvm wrong thread sorry.

Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 10:29 AM
i wouldnt care if they were pink. they are one of the best wires ive ever used :D

88accordSF
06-07-2007, 10:24 AM
"275 OHM/FT resistance wire"

msd wires have a lot less resistance... like 50 ohms / ft...

?

MessyHonda
06-07-2007, 10:39 PM

?

go MSD!!!

LX-incredible
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM

?
A hotter spark, but a shorter duration.

MessyHonda
06-07-2007, 10:50 PM

thats why the MSD box gives multiple sparks

LX-incredible
06-07-2007, 10:59 PM
thats why the MSD box gives multiple sparks
That's why I went with those wires.

A20A1
06-07-2007, 11:58 PM
A quick note on Plugs made with various metals such as irridium , platinum , silver , etc. :

Normal copper plugs will offer lower resistance then most other metals found in the newer plugs consiting of platinum and irridium ... the silver does offer lower resistance then copper.
The reason irridium and platinum is used was to increase plug life by decreasing plug wear. Plug wear occurs everytime the plug fires, when this happens a small amount of metal is vaporized on the electrodes, slowly wearing them down, altering the gap and the shape of the electrode ... two things that can affect performance.

RESISTORLESS PLUGS:
Resistorless spark plugs are for high rpm cars where long spark durration is not required. For motors below 3,600 rpm the added durration from the resistor in the plug allows the coil to bleed the power more slowly increasing the spark durration, however the spark is weaker. The volatage required to bridge the spark gap is the same between resistorless and resistor plugs, assuming the materials are the same. The resistor comes into play after the plug fires.

Among other things the resistor reduces Rf interference. RF interference is Radio Frequency interference that can interrupt engine controls... especially on modern cars equipt with fuel injection and those heavily dependent on computer controls. For aftermarket carbureted motors the only part that would be effected is the ignition system and maybe the fuel system but that is less likely. The carb itself doesn't require any computer controls.
If you feel you want to take advantage of a resistorless plug then by all means do so... this is simply a little note to let you know the conditions where resistored plugs should be used.

88accordSF
06-08-2007, 09:59 PM

from what i understand, spark duration is primarily handled by the coil, not the wires. wires just allow the charge to peak thru to the spark plug.

MSD 6al basically forms 3 sparks in the time of one stock spark, for greater combustion efficiency

LX-incredible
06-09-2007, 01:11 AM
from what i understand, spark duration is primarily handled by the coil, not the wires. wires just allow the charge to peak thru to the spark plug.
MSD 6al basically forms 3 sparks in the time of one stock spark, for greater combustion efficiency
Higher resistance wires slow the rate of coil discharge, creating a longer duration, but a weaker spark. The 6AL provides 460-480 Volts at the primary windings instead of the stock 12. The 3 sparks are dropped for a strong single at higher RPMs.