PDA

View Full Version : changing my accord 86 engine for the seek of new power!!

getalife
06-04-2007, 03:23 AM
Dear users,
i have accord 1986 EXR wtih engine Integra 1.8 carburetor system , I would like to get a new engine for my accord, and to be 2.0 injection system....

I'm kindly asking you, what would be the best suitable engine for accord 86 ? if anyone has an idea pls give me a hint with the name and the number of the eninge that i can order for it from outside my country...

Note: it doesn't matter if the engine is 1.8 or 2.0 as long as it is enjection system.

Waiting your urgent reply as soon as possible

Many thanks and best regards,
M.K

MECM
06-04-2007, 07:14 AM
You could do a Injection swap other than that I think others will tell you to go with the A20a3 :). Probably your best bet.

Vanilla Sky
06-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Try to source a B20A from a Japanese market car. Possibly buy a whole crashed car that still has a running engine and transmission. You'll not only get the engine and transmission this way, but you'll surely get a few options your 1.8 litre powered car lacks that can easily be swapped over.

Being that you're not in the U.S., sourcing a JDM car could be a whole lot easier.

By the way, the B20A puts out 160 horsepower, compared to 122 for a 1989 A20A3. The B20A can also use many parts for other B series engines, such as camshafts and other power adding parts.

getalife
06-04-2007, 07:35 AM
thanks so much for the precious info Vanilla sky , well yeah that what i have heared in syria ( the place in live in ) but unfortonately we dont have much chances of engines , that will lead me to get one from Lebanon or trying to get it aboard from Japan ..!

if you have any idea of a website that can sell engines online or something i would appreciate though!

thanks again mate

Vanilla Sky
06-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Unfortunatly, you're going to have to find an importer for yourself. These cars are aging beasts. Your best chance is to get in touch with an exporter in New Zealand. They have tons of these cars over there.

Matter of fact, email this guy at [email protected] and tell him Vanilla Sky from Nissan Customs sent you. He works at a dismantler in NZ and might be able to get the engine and transmission you'll need.

Also, if junkyards are similar to what we have in the US in Syria, then you may be able to find what you need at a breaker yard. For the fuel injection swap, you'll need some parts that have to be sourced from a donor car. You'll need a fuel tank and pretty much all of the wiring that is in the car. If you can purchase the entire car from the scrapper, then you'll have all of the parts you need.

getalife
06-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Vanilla sky , i dont know how to thanks you , u have halped me so much in this info :) thanks alot alot alot for help dude , dunno how i should pay back , but in case u needed any help in syria i will be there :D

cheers!

Vanilla Sky
06-04-2007, 08:59 AM
No problem, man. Your simple thanks was more than enough!

Derick