PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Portland Rose Cup Races, did anybody go?

2ndGenGuy
06-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Went to the Rose Cup races at PIR yesterday! Cool shit! My friend is crew for one of the Formula 500 cars that raced. They had a few crazy Honda's there too.

This team from Canada had a 1976 Civic with a 1300cc E-series motor. It was putting out 170hp @ 9500rpm, with Weber fuel management and ITBs. It was completely distributorless, computerized everything. They had wheel speed senors, brake pressure sensors, G-force sensors. They told me they logged everything and could tell which corner you were locking up a brake in, or how much gas you were putting into a corner.

It had a widened drivetrain to the maximum of 60 inches I think they said. Full roll cage. Fully adjustable suspension in every aspect. Completely gutted and tubbed. The tranny even had straight-cut gears installed. So much hard-core custom work, I bet that car whooped up! It was so badass, I wish I had pics with my camera. They even had a Mugen valve cover! <3

Oh they even had an all-original 84 or 85 Mugen CRX, and an NSX Prototype LeMans car. It was sick! Wish I could have seen under the hood of the CRX though.

Anyways, it was a busy event, and was wondering if anybody else here went. I thought it might be kinda likely.

86AccordLxi
06-04-2007, 10:26 AM
All my friends bailed or else I would have headed up. I've gone the last few years. Bummed I missed it.

Alex

Zufer
06-21-2007, 10:42 AM
i was there working at the competition motorsports truck, i'm at all the scca and confrence races at PIR

2ndGenGuy
06-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Crazy! I probably saw you there then and didn't even know it. What does Competition Motorsports do? Were you guys racing a car, or selling car stuff?

86AccordLxi
06-21-2007, 11:03 AM
The sell equipments (suits and the like) and also rent a couple of racecars out. An older corolla and pulsar, iirc.

Alex