PDA

View Full Version : cars possibly designed in Italy?

lostforawhile
06-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I have been reading this book i've got about concept cars,from cover to cover,and i found out something intersting, in the 80's honda was expermenting with car bodies designed by the famous italian design houses in Turin Italy, i noticed that a number of the cars that were designed by the Italians for Japanese companies, look amazingly like the third generation accord, we are talking about the mid eighties here too, i'm talking specifically about the wedge shape car with pop ups, i's a fact that Mr. Honda had a thing for Italian sports cars too. there is another one from honda called the Honda HP-X which was designed by Pininfarina,which i would love to see a picture of too. it was a concept so i don't know if i'll ever find one,I just thought this was an interesting thought. from all the Italian cars i've seen from the eighties,i would almost bet money they had a hand in the design of this car. another thing that gets me is the way the lines flow, most japanese cars from this era,are very blocky. these cars had a completly different style.

86AccordLxi
06-05-2007, 03:32 PM
http://www.diseno-art.com/images/honda_hp-x.jpg

Alex

DDRaptor
06-05-2007, 03:35 PM
i knew it that's why the accord main body shape has'nt changed since the 3gee.

lostforawhile
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
well you beat me to it,but heres another one, http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z2397/Honda_HP-X/default.aspx
the concept became the nsx,but if you look at the front end,you can def see the three g coming from there. this concept came out in 84,when the 3 g was in development too. i was also wondering about the hatch,the lines are just too clean to be japanese only. the wedge shaped hatch,with the squared off rear,is also an italian trademark.

lostforawhile
06-05-2007, 03:46 PM
i wonder if a picture of that car exists from the rear?

2ndGenGuy
06-05-2007, 03:49 PM
well you beat me to it,but heres another one, http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z2397/Honda_HP-X/default.aspx
the concept became the nsx,but if you look at the front end,you can def see the three g coming from there. this concept came out in 84,when the 3 g was in development too. i was also wondering about the hatch,the lines are just too clean to be japanese only. the wedge shaped hatch,with the squared off rear,is also an italian trademark.

Hmmm... Rear wheel drive, mid-engine, 3-liter V6 concept. Sound like a certain Honda / Acura production supercar? ;)

lostforawhile
06-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Hmmm... Rear wheel drive, mid-engine, 3-liter V6 concept. Sound like a certain Honda / Acura production supercar? ;)DUH I just said thats what it became, also look at the hood, you can see the grill emblems and pop ups coming from there easy. i'm sure this inspired more then one honda.
somebody ought to photochop the pop up lines and corners onto that.

speedpenguin
06-06-2007, 05:47 AM
That was the book I sent you, wasn't it? :D

AccordEpicenter
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
i think early accord designs look like maybe giugiaro or bertone in a way