PDA

View Full Version : K36 primer (fill in minor inperfections?)

BITESIZE
06-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Has anyone had any experience with K36 primer. It is designed for use in getting out minor inperfections before painting a car. I want to spray a coat, block it out, spray a second coat, block it out, spray a 3rd, and block it out. Any pointers? I want my car to be 100 % perfect before I paint it. :welcome:

Civic Accord Honda
06-05-2007, 08:25 PM
i well paint your car :D

jschatte
06-05-2007, 08:43 PM
i really hope you dont

guaynabo89
06-06-2007, 04:28 AM
if it says primer filler that is exactly what its supposed to do. i dont know about this perticular brand

2oodoor
06-06-2007, 04:43 AM
I dont think you will need to do that many coats. One reason is that primer expands with activator to build quickley. Another reason is you do not want build primer to be too thick, just thick enough to build a blockable surface without going thru to metal or old paint.
You use a different gun with a darker color primer surfacer, or they actuall make a paint you can use... for a guide coat. You spray the guide coat very lightly like freckles over your K36 once it is flashed off. This is a guide for when you are sanding with the block, shows where your low spots are and where you have sanded. In the end the guide coat will be completely sanded off. Two coats should do it, unless you are working on a fiberglass car or a vehicle with lots of streight panels such as a 80's style chevy truck, or a full size Lexus.

BITESIZE
06-06-2007, 08:27 AM

Don't post stupid shit in any of my threads ever again.

Legend_master
06-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Don't post stupid shit in any of my threads ever again.

Just put him on your ignore list, I have had him on there for months now and haven't missed a thing valuable to this forum. The more people that do it, the quicker he will learn to quit being stupid or go away.

MessyHonda
06-06-2007, 09:38 AM
yeah guide coat is going to help alot.