PDA

View Full Version : The problems keep on comming....CV Boots.

alanizgod
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I took my car to Firestone to get a tire rotation and they threw in a inspection for free. They found a problem with the boot, saying it's bad and I need to get the axle replaced or else I'll run into a lot of bad news. They were going to charge me what seemed like an excessive amount (500 including oil change) and they told me I had to get it done as soon as possible. However I asked around elsewhere and I've had people tell me it happens frequently and that it's not really a rush to fix problem. The dudes at Firestone also told me the axle would lock up if I didn't handle it soon....so are they full of shit or do they know what they're talking about?

Oldblueaccord
06-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Have you looked yourself? that might be the first thing to do.

I ran about 3000k miles after I first noticed the boot ripped last year. I added some grease to the joint with my finger and wraped it in duct tape.

It will start to click when you turn the wheel sharp moving slow and then start to vibrate when going down the highway.

The cost of an axle is 60-80$ or so at a parts store.

Im not going to comment on Firestone or any other shop like that :violin:

wp

alanizgod
06-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah I've had that clicking noise going for about a year already. Personally I don't want my work done at a Firestone...My dad took my car to a legit accord shop and he recommends them highly. I'd honestly prefer to do that. But anyway is it going to be a problem to let that go for a while or will that lead to bigger nastier problems?

Oh and they were going to charge me much more for an axle...FS is looking really ugly to me right now...

LX-incredible
06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
If it's the driver side axle and you're carbed, replace your bad alternator while it's out.

alanizgod
06-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Hehe actually it's the right side and it's fuel injected.

Oh now I see why you say that...damn that would've made things a lot easier....