PDA

View Full Version : Window adjustment?

Kelvin
06-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I replaced the glass on my passenger side door after some idiot smashed it, and it takes FOREVER to roll down, but rolls up just like normal. Is there some sort of 'adjustment' I missed?

Vanilla Sky
06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm going to say that your going to have to lube your window tracks. Use a good quality silicone based lubricant and lube the tracks and every point of articulation. This fixed my similar problem with my driver's window. My problem was that it was slow down and fast up.

Kelvin
06-10-2007, 01:50 PM
What's weird was that it was fine on the old window, but this new one, ever since I installed it it takes forever to go down, but still goes up fine. I'll lube them up when I do my door speakers. :)

2oodoor
06-10-2007, 02:23 PM
you can search around some here, there are some good threads on this subject.
My car does the same thing, and now that it is getting hot, I really would like the windows to go faster. From what I gather this is in charactor for these cars. All you can do is make sure you have the horizontal guides of the window mechanism aligned well and lubed. Lube the windor frame channels , window motor arm vertical track too. good luck and post anything you discover that could make these things go faster :)

2ndGenGuy
06-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I heard the best stuff to use is graphite lube. We tried it on my friend's Civic and it worked great. We put it in the Window chanels along the window frames, and lubed up all the rails and other moving parts too.

MessyHonda
06-10-2007, 08:48 PM
cool i have the same prob on my passenger side...its rolls down fast till like its halfway...then its slow....i heard also the motors bushings tend to go...kinda sucks getting to thoes parts even with the door panel off.