PDA

View Full Version : New problem

Beanshonda55
06-10-2007, 09:07 AM
so now after my car is warmed up it will go from 1000 rpm to 1500 and keep on doing that over and over. im pretty sure its a vacum leak or something like that but i could be wrong. anybody now wat this is?
Thanks

blh1983
06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
It could be a number of things from what I've been reading so far. It could be a vacuum leak, the ecu, or a main relay from what I've heard. To find out if it's a vacuum leak, spray some carb cleaner on the vacuum lines until you spray the one that makes your idle stops loping. If you don't find a vacuum leak, it might be a one way valve on a vacuum hose that's not opening and closing properly. And if you have a fellow 3Gee-er with a similar car stop by you can test your ECU by temporarily swapping there's out for yours. If you have a LX, DX or anything that's not an LX-i or SE-i then you don't have an ECU. Also I've heard that resetting your ECU by pulling the ECU fuse can sometimes temporarily fix the problem; if your ECU's going bad. I don't know if that truth or rumor though. Hell it could even be a rumor that I'm starting, lol. And finally it could be your main relay, next time your car does the funny idle tap the main relay and see if it stops. If it does you need a new main relay. If not you could still need a new main relay. It also could be a fast idle valve. I Hope this helps you troubleshoot a little, and I hope it's a simple fix once you find the problem.

superguillermo
06-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Oh no! I don't have my 3g any more but I did have this same exact problem. I replaced the EGR, fast idle sensor, and another idling sensor (closest to the driver, enclosed in thick rubber insulation and bolted to chasis). EGR didn't do much except smoothen the idling...but the sensors did take care of the problem.

Beanshonda55
06-14-2007, 02:34 PM
im not sure wat it was but to late now im in the process of swaping engines. thanks tho