PDA

View Full Version : new clutch.... new flywheel??

iiviasterp
09-10-2002, 10:24 PM
over the winter im replacing my blown stock clutch with a stage 1 clutchmasters clutch..... im guessis i should resurface my flywheel. but if im gonna do that i mine as well put a lightend flywheel in..... where can i get one and or who makes them and what would be the cost???? i know openloop makes one but ive emailed them a few times and never get a response...... what do you guys think?

YK86
09-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Openloop told me via e-mail their lightened flywheel is roughly $500US a while back.

Immeraufdemhund
09-11-2002, 05:47 AM
is a stage 1 good for normal everday use? and I was at a site that sold clutch kits and they had a few types i didn't know what were. All the stage ones i understood because it had a description of what it was best for. so that's 5/7 what are the other 2 commonly seen?

smufguy
09-11-2002, 08:23 PM
yeah, performance clutches are not only for performance, but can be used for daily commuting, unless u prefer 300 dollar performance clutch over a 200 dollar OEM clutch. personally, i would save that 100 bucks, cause i dont race or show off. but ur taste might be different.

some performance cltuches will only engage in gear at a higher rpm like 2.5K to 3K. my friend put a ACT cltuch in his 94 corolla. all according to spec and with my mechanic who worked for honda. The cltuch was installed correctly and even after the 200 mile break in period he has to rev it to 2K to put it in gear. hahaha, i would be beating him while he is either slowlying down, or trying to start up from a light. heheh i creamed his 115 hp corolla with my 98 hp carb that was soo fucked up. hehehe, ppl dont know to drive. :flip: well anways, that was beyond the point.