PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help

russiankid
06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
I just put on my new steering rack. I connect all 3 hards line but the 4th one i cannot get. It just will not thread in. I looked at the threads both on the line and the control unit on the rack and both have no damage. It just simply turns, but i cannot feel that it is grabbing the threads. What do i do?

P.S The line is to the speed sensor.

2oodoor
06-11-2007, 10:05 AM
make sure there is not a shank type flange at the end of where the threads are on the nut, that would bottom out and not let you get the threads started.
Ok assuming everything is good and the line is correct for the rack, make sure the plug is out of the rack...set your line in and get the nut steight as you can and screw it in left handed or backwards a few turns, this lines up the first thread to the first thread and then screw it right to see if it catches.
It is possible the rack is damaged if it is a rebuilt unit, somebody could have stripped it out already before you .

russiankid
06-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Ok thanks for the post but i got it. Since i am under the car i cannot tell if the nut is going in straight, looked like it. Then a friend came by and said its not straight. So i used a zip tie and carefully pulled the hard line to the frame, then guide the nut in and went in smoothly. I had a small leak on the one from the reservoir but i tightened it up a bit and it was fine. Now i just need an alignment which going to do first thing tomorrow morning.