PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump Took a Crap

mushroom_toy
06-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Well my water pump went out at aorund 1pm today. I almost started overheating last night on a trip to my gfs house so I pulled over and let the car cool down. Went to walmart got some antifreeze and oil and put it in this morning. Drove fine back to my house. Decide I'm going to go to town again around 12:30, and I leave. About 2 miles down the road I see my friend pulled off on the road...his nissan is messed up, I stop and all of a sudden antifreeze just comes streaming out. Well finally made it back home and determined it was the water pump. Got a new one and put it in. Runs Like A ChAMP! I don't know why when I think everything is fixed...something breaks. :) Oh well guess I can't be mad though, the pump has been on since 1986 and has over 390,xxx miles on it. I'll post pics up tomorrow.

MessyHonda
06-11-2007, 11:59 PM
yeah mine gave up after i put in a new radiator....i also changed out the timing belt and other drive belts while i was in there.

Civic Accord Honda
06-12-2007, 12:00 AM
nice soon u well have a 500k 3gee

ahmad89
06-12-2007, 12:11 AM
nice soon u well have a 500k 3gee
CAH what the hell you doin on here and not on aim:rant:

2oodoor
06-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Well my water pump went out at aorund 1pm today. I almost started overheating last night on a trip to my gfs house so I pulled over and let the car cool down. Went to walmart got some antifreeze and oil and put it in this morning. Drove fine back to my house. Decide I'm going to go to town again around 12:30, and I leave. About 2 miles down the road I see my friend pulled off on the road...his nissan is messed up, I stop and all of a sudden antifreeze just comes streaming out. Well finally made it back home and determined it was the water pump. Got a new one and put it in. Runs Like A ChAMP! I don't know why when I think everything is fixed...something breaks. :) Oh well guess I can't be mad though, the pump has been on since 1986 and has over 390,xxx miles on it. I'll post pics up tomorrow.
hey was it leaking the whole time when you were having problems or was it just not pumping sufficiently?

My oil pump is leaking again, and I think Im losing pressure as the oil warms up, I hear a faint knocking sound like a wrist pin, and it is soaking my t belt.

mushroom_toy
06-12-2007, 06:22 AM
^ Yeah I was having a lot of problems with oil loss but finally got all that fixed....but now I burn oil on long trips. :( Anyway though yeah the water pump seal had went out and antifreeze was pouring out the weep hole. I changed the water pump and so far (about 20 Miles) It's been working great.

russiankid
06-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Yea mine started to leak a while back and then began to squeak. So i ordered a Honda pump and stat and flushed everything out and now i don't worry about it over heating. I hope you bled the system well.

Civic Accord Honda
06-12-2007, 10:48 AM
CAH what the hell you doin on here and not on aim:rant:
lol i was on aim but last night i forgot i clicked that lil eye when i went somewhere and never clicked it back LOL

mushroom_toy
06-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Yea mine started to leak a while back and then began to squeak. So i ordered a Honda pump and stat and flushed everything out and now i don't worry about it over heating. I hope you bled the system well.

Yeah it was flushed and bled about 2-3 times. I ran it on water for a couple of miles. XD Replaced the thermostat too. I do seem to have a bit of rust in the system, but at the moment that's not a huge concern for me. I should of taken the radiator out of my parts car before I junked it but oh well. Anyway I drove around in the Atlanta heat for about 3 hours yesterday and temp is great staying about 1/4th of the way to hot/close to cold. Even while sitting at idle it doesnt go up a tad if any at all. It's great. So far the waterpump has about 160 miles on it. Working great with no leaks.....but I still burn oil when driving a distance. :(

lamontlamont
07-13-2007, 05:26 PM
you alternator will go next. when the water pump goes it squirts water all inside of the alternator and the alt goes. i saw this happen three times.

ghettogeddy
07-13-2007, 05:30 PM
you alternator will go next. when the water pump goes it squirts water all inside of the alternator and the alt goes. i saw this happen three times.
lol my alt went then my waterpump went but i dident have a prob after that with the alt

lamontlamont
07-13-2007, 05:50 PM
nm