PDA

View Full Version : Another alternator problem...

alanizgod
06-13-2007, 05:07 PM
ive been having more problems with the car...and now its to the point where the car will not start. When i have jumper cables attached, the car turns on and it will stay on as long as the cables are attached. As soon as i remove the cables, the voltage on the battery will drop to the point where the car shuts off and i cant push start it anymore either...with that going on, i have every reason to believe that it is the alternator messing up on me.
Do you guys think it has to be the alternator? How much does it generally cost to put in an alternator?

russiankid
06-13-2007, 05:20 PM
That is definitely the alternator. It is not charging the battery, so the battery is getting drained. Not sure on how much it all cost but should be to much.

dalinxz
06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
there is also a fuse in the fuse box called battery its the fuse to charge your battery, check if thats blown, I doubt it should be though because if the car was on the alternator would have kept it alive, so Im pretty sure its the alternator, Good luck fixing it its quite a bitch but possible should take you a few hours to an entire day depending on how your skills are. all you need is a standard socket set. and maybe a wrench to get in there.

russiankid
06-13-2007, 06:13 PM
there is also a fuse in the fuse box called battery its the fuse to charge your battery, check if thats blown, I doubt it should be though because if the car was on the alternator would have kept it alive, so Im pretty sure its the alternator, Good luck fixing it its quite a bitch but possible should take you a few hours to an entire day depending on how your skills are. all you need is a standard socket set. and maybe a wrench to get in there.
Standard? These cars are metric.

dalinxz
06-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Standard? These cars are metric.

Sorry no thats what i mean but I mean a standard socket set as in any average socket set should be fine with the metric sockets. Sorry lol

russiankid
06-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Sorry no thats what i mean but I mean a standard socket set as in any average socket set should be fine with the metric sockets. Sorry lol
Oh ok just making sure.

alanizgod
06-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Okay alt replaced and everything is running fine. :D