PDA

View Full Version : ARGHHHHHHHHHHh Help

dalinxz
06-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Ok so I went out to change the stupid 1 year old wheel cylinders that rusted out and as I was putting the new one in figures the LX and DX wheel cylinders are different, anyways no problem since I decided to just grab new ones. Now Here's the dilemma I stripped the brake line that connects to the rubber line, so basically theres is the wheel Cylinder

WHEEL CYLINDER1 ------2 ________ 3-------4

the cylinder connects to the steel line to a rubber line back to a steel line that runs inside the car, the rubber line threads from the inside on the connection #2 is stripped on the inside!!! :thumbdn: so now what can I do, where do I grab the line from and what's the difficulty in changing it, doesn't look that bad.

88accordlxcarb
06-14-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't really follow the message. But if i read it correctly, you stripped out the hard brake line?

You can go to a you-pull-it junkyard and grab that hard line for next to nothing. If you just stripped out the end you can weld another one to it if you fancy welding skills.

dalinxz
06-14-2007, 02:51 PM
i think thats going to be the only way Im just hoping theres a line that's not rusted, how hard is it to put it on. next problem the fluid kept leaking and I forgot to top up the master cylinder so how hard is it going to be to bleed the system when everything is back on?

88accordlxcarb
06-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Bleeding the system the old fashioned way isn't hard, it is just time consuming. If you are blessed in the money category, take it to a shop and let them bleed it with a pump. If not, grab a buddy and a coke bottle and use the brake pedal(search if you need more specific instructions, its not hard). Make sure you bleed the system the correct way(starting with a specific wheel, again search)

I have never changed the hard brake lines, but i know its been done. I dont gather it will be too difficult. Make sure you get all of the mounting brackets off, and all that. Maybe someone else can help you with that.