PDA

View Full Version : Acura Dash in a 3G, Is It Possible???

blh1983
06-14-2007, 07:39 PM
My brother in law took a H22, turbo'd it and put it in a 93 Civic, and then installed an Acura dash. He built the car from a shell, and did an awesome job. So is there an Acura dash that fits in our 3Geez? Would it bolt up directly? Has anybody done this?? I couldn't find any forums that talk about this, but it's just a thought that I had. Thanks!

blh1983
06-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Is this question offensive to 3Gee-ers or something, nobody has said anything to it.. lol. If someone says that it's been done and looks dumb, then I'll take their word for it. It would be an Integra dash if I'm not mistaken.

russiankid
06-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I never came across a 3gee with an Acura dash. So i would say no, it would require a lot of work.

dalinxz
06-14-2007, 08:27 PM
It shouldn't look bad, but It might be a lot of work with a lot of retro work to it. Good luck and post pics if you finish it.

blh1983
06-14-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm wondering if the accord electrical sockets and plugs match up with the integra sockets on the switches. I'm thinking that if anything I'll need a Integra airducts, heatercore, and blower assembly, as well as the heater control assembly. And I'd probably need integra door panels unless the dash doesn't interfere with the door panels. I would have to goto the junkyard and see if the 'teg dash mounts up, and see if the switches are cross compatible with the wiring. It's going to be a few months out before I can even afford to start a project like this. If someone else tries before I do, I'd like to be kept in the loop on what work was needed.

Civic Accord Honda
06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
i think a 1st gen integra one would thay look simuler but beter

A18A
06-14-2007, 09:50 PM
if you swap the dash, you may aswell swap door panels and other things so it will flow nicely (maybe), the only swap i've seen was a concerto interior in a 3gee

blh1983
06-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I've never seen or heard of a Concerto until now, and I google'd it to see what they look like but I couldn't find a dash pic anywhere. You don't have any pics of what that dash looked like in a 3G did you? Of course this is merely wishful thinking on my part, lol. Thanks!
if you swap the dash, you may aswell swap door panels and other things so it will flow nicely (maybe), the only swap i've seen was a concerto interior in a 3gee

A18A
06-14-2007, 10:15 PM
i actually dont have pics of it (links are broken and i didnt save them) but this is a concerto dash:
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/8/42786908_full.jpg
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/93/40142993_full.jpg
you would obviously have to get a LHD one though

blh1983
06-14-2007, 10:23 PM
That is a strange interior for a Honda. It makes me think Toyota. Thanks for the images.
i actually dont have pics of it (links are broken and i didnt save them) but this is a concerto dash:
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/8/42786908_full.jpg
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/93/40142993_full.jpg
you would obviously have to get a LHD one though

Hazwan
06-14-2007, 10:58 PM
That Concerto interior is fugly.

BTW everything is possible, but it won't be a direct fit.

Look here, someone swapped teg dash into 2geez: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58002

blh1983
06-14-2007, 11:10 PM
It's different, and I'm not in love with it that's for sure. If I do a dash swap I'll go with something I can goto a local jy to get.
That Concerto interior is fugly.
BTW everything is possible, but it won't be a direct fit.
Look here, someone swapped teg dash into 2geez: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58002

thegreatdane
06-15-2007, 03:16 AM
Knowing Honda I think I can say with 99,999999% certainty that no other dash will fit in the accord without modifications.

nono, there was no 3g with a concerto interior. That was just a pics of concerto together with pics of a 3g aerodeck.

2oodoor
06-15-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm wondering if the accord electrical sockets and plugs match up with the integra sockets on the switches. I'm thinking that if anything I'll need a Integra airducts, heatercore, and blower assembly, as well as the heater control assembly. And I'd probably need integra door panels unless the dash doesn't interfere with the door panels. I would have to goto the junkyard and see if the 'teg dash mounts up, and see if the switches are cross compatible with the wiring. It's going to be a few months out before I can even afford to start a project like this. If someone else tries before I do, I'd like to be kept in the loop on what work was needed.
I think it could be done as long as you stay with the same generation of Honda Acura platform. Example, 92-94 Integra cowl, "A" pillar shape and width across the cowl/firewall area similar enough you could fit it in the same year Civic
3rd Gen Accord, to 80's Integra, late 80's legend seem similar enough ( that I couldnt say for sure)
Of course you would need to use the whole dash, ducts, most likely the wire harness too, for that you would just have color schematics and butt spice everything at least six inches from the bulkhead connector.
This process would be similar to putting a Firebird dash in a Camaro, Cutlass dash in a Malibu... etc.. you will need to do some fabricating but minor..the hulls are similar enough, floorpans are identical.

And yes you should swap door panels too since they butt up to contours of the dash when you close the doors, side window vent ducts.. etc.

A18A
06-15-2007, 03:27 AM
Knowing Honda I think I can say with 99,999999% certainty that no other dash will fit in the accord without modifications.
nono, there was no 3g with a concerto interior. That was just a pics of concerto together with pics of a 3g aerodeck.
oh, oops

2oodoor
06-15-2007, 03:33 AM
I am saying it could be done, BUT some fabrication will bee needed. The basic diminsions have to be similar to begin with. You have to ask yourself is it really worth it... I for one love the 3gen dash just like it is, one of my fav features just like the popups, the grill or lack of one basicly not technicly

bushbean
06-15-2007, 07:24 AM
I would like to see how a 3Gee with a different dash looks. The only problem I have with the stock 3Gee dash is that it is too low. This makes me feel very vulnerable, like, if I get thrown forward, my body will go straight into the windshield. Also, I can see clearly the road in front of the front bumper, which is good for parking, not so good for fast driving because the car feels faster than it really is. I think the newer Accords has higher dash board, which makes you feel more secure.

A20A1
06-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Thrown forward? you don't wear your seatbelt?

cygnus x-1
06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
How does the stereo mount in the 3g Accords? Does it just slide in the opening and attach with 2 scres in the back? Last night I pulled apart the lower dash in my 2g Prelude to investigate some rattles, and I rediscovered what I had kinda forgotten about from when I installed an after market stereo. Which is that the design of the whole lower dash assembly basically sucks. It has this unibody type thing going on where everything is screwed to everything else and there is no real frame for anything. That and the radio mounting is a joke.

Anyway after tearing the whole lower part off it occurred to me that the line between the lower and upper dash assemblies is almost exactly straight across from door to door. Which means that you could almost take just a single piece of plywood (finished of course) and replace the entire lower dash with it. Now of course you would probably want to add a center console for the stereo but the point is that it would be relatively easy to do.

So I'm wondering, if the 3g Accords have a better lower dash and stereo mounting, maybe I can use some 3g parts.

C|

2oodoor
06-15-2007, 06:48 PM
not much improvment trust me

cygnus x-1
06-16-2007, 09:17 AM
not much improvment trust me

That's what I figured. I've been driving around for a couple days now with no lower dash, and at least half of the rattles are gone. Looks like I'll have to make up my own then.

C|

MessyHonda
06-16-2007, 09:37 AM
i was in the process of taking out my dash on the dx....to paint it....and never really screwed it in right....and the carb runs like crap....so it shakes...lol il have to screw it one of these days.