PDA

View Full Version : questions about ac conversion

lostforawhile
06-17-2007, 03:10 PM
hey i was wondering about converting from the keihin pos compressor to the other one that came on the accords. i know i need the cast bracket and bolts from the engine,but what else do i need? do i need the hoses? i know the bracket will bolt to the block,but what year had the other compressor? i am going to be posting a thread in wanted,but i need to get the info first. i'm not worried about the compressor itself,i can order a rebuild aftermarket,i just need the stuff to bolt it up. i was going to order a rebuilt keihin,then i thought why? i want to convert to 134a anyway. it's supposed to hit an estimated 110 degrees in this part of south georgia,god help us,so the ac has to be fixed in my car and my wifes car. dam global warming. somebody do something about all those cow farts. no joke. biggest contributor to greenhouse gases there is.

Civic Accord Honda
06-17-2007, 03:58 PM
110F thats it O_O we have alredy seen that hotest it's been this year was 116F but like every year it well hit 135F for a few days

Hazwan
06-17-2007, 04:34 PM
110 damn. I thought the temperature here is bad.

lostforawhile
06-17-2007, 04:47 PM
yea it's not unusual for it to get over a hundred in summer,but they are predicting it could get as high as 110. bad enough as it is with the drought,it's rained a little but not much. and CAH you are in the desert,it's supposed to get that hot. this is south georgia,not the high desert. :thumbdn:

MessyHonda
06-17-2007, 05:33 PM
yeah its getting bad....its been 90 over here....and in the bay area it barely goes over 100 so 90 is pushing it.