PDA

View Full Version : coolant line routing question

newaccorddriver
06-18-2007, 11:25 AM
im in the process of hooking up all the coolant lines on the car, and im having trouble with it as its been over a year since i removed everything. the only problem im having is with the coolant line that goes from the thermostat housing. its like a 3/4" line, and i have no idea where it hooks up into, and there is also a 3/4" like from the water pipe that goes somewhere. i have no idea where either of these lines go to, and i dont think its a good idea to plug them up either.

the second set of lines im having problems with are those smaller lines. ive got a coolant 'T', but i have no idea where any of those things go to. im guessing itll route coolant up into the FITV and the IACV and the throttle body, but those are just guesses as i dont really remember, or see a need for the coolant 'T' at all.

and considering this car is basically summer driven, how important is it to hook up the coolant lines to the throttle body?

coope
06-18-2007, 01:09 PM
it goes on the other side of the throttle body on the t. i had that same problem when i put my motor in

forrest89sei
06-18-2007, 01:33 PM
im in the process of hooking up all the coolant lines on the car, and im having trouble with it as its been over a year since i removed everything. the only problem im having is with the coolant line that goes from the thermostat housing. its like a 3/4" line, and i have no idea where it hooks up into, and there is also a 3/4" like from the water pipe that goes somewhere. i have no idea where either of these lines go to, and i dont think its a good idea to plug them up either.
the second set of lines im having problems with are those smaller lines. ive got a coolant 'T', but i have no idea where any of those things go to. im guessing itll route coolant up into the FITV and the IACV and the throttle body, but those are just guesses as i dont really remember, or see a need for the coolant 'T' at all.
and considering this car is basically summer driven, how important is it to hook up the coolant lines to the throttle body?

Heres a page from my service manual:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7993/efimediumhi8.jpg
Do you have the PDF Service manuals for our cars?

if not get them here :

http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Main_Page

newaccorddriver
06-19-2007, 01:32 AM
thanks for the help guys. i think ill be eliminating that 'T' altogether and not bother with the throttle body line unless someone says otherwise. just seems like alot of unnecessary lines going around if you ask me

forrest89sei
06-19-2007, 01:40 AM
thanks for the help guys. i think ill be eliminating that 'T' altogether and not bother with the throttle body line unless someone says otherwise. just seems like alot of unnecessary lines going around if you ask me

Honda and unnecessary lines? Right................

Looks at underhood sticker on my 1986 LX Sedan.............Yeah unnecessary lines! :gun: :gun: :gun:

LOL

Good Luck :D

MessyHonda
06-19-2007, 11:05 PM
yeah the honda engineers would not have put it in if it didn't serve a purpose