PDA

View Full Version : How do you change the oil filter gasket?

ahmad89
06-18-2007, 02:07 PM
My oil is leaking from the oil filter gasket and when i drive my car for about 10-15min and im stopped at light or something in gear the oil light faintly and flashes quickly, i assume its losing pressure from the leak. I want to change the gasket since its leaking from there and no matter how tight i put the filter on, it still leaks. Where can i get it and how do i put it on. Thank you.

Pico
06-18-2007, 02:14 PM
The search button is your friend.....:lol:
Here's s a link that will help....Base Gasket (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58672)

ahmad89
06-18-2007, 04:08 PM
The search button is your friend.....:lol:
Here's s a link that will help....Base Gasket (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58672)
Got it working thx, dam i dont have the tools to do it. I'll get the dealer to do it.

bushbean
06-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I just did this last month. I don't recall needing special tools. However, I do recall it is a lot harder than it looks.

ahmad89
06-18-2007, 06:38 PM
I just did this last month. I don't recall needing special tools. However, I do recall it is a lot harder than it looks.
I thought you just pull or twist out the gasket then put the new one in.

russiankid
06-18-2007, 06:59 PM
I thought you just pull or twist out the gasket then put the new one in.
It took me and my bro a few hours to do it. Getting it off wasn't a pain but putting it back on is. Plus you can't over tighten it either.

ahmad89
06-18-2007, 07:31 PM
It took me and my bro a few hours to do it. Getting it off wasn't a pain but putting it back on is. Plus you can't over tighten it either.
How did yall take it out? I need to change mine.

bushbean
06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Yes, in theory you just take it out and put new one back in. However, in reality there is very little room to work, and the engine is tilted forward, so I had to use a mirror to see the bolts. I recall having an especially tough time getting that sensor off, but I didn't have any special tools.

russiankid
06-18-2007, 07:57 PM
How did yall take it out? I need to change mine.
Using a flashlight, with one person on-top telling the person under the car how far to move to the right or w/e to get the bolt to go in.

ahmad89
06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
What do i need to get the job done? i mean everything from the jack to the wrenches. I dont have a floor jack or a big floor jack i got a lil 2ton jack but i have stands.