PDA

View Full Version : LX-i vs. SE-i

88accordSF
06-18-2007, 03:44 PM
whats the difference between the LX-i and SE-i models?

is the SE-i only 2-door?

are the functional (engine / intake / etc) differences?

if i pick up another donor car, not sure if it's worth payin for the SE-i model

----t

BITESIZE
06-18-2007, 03:50 PM
sei came in 4 door and coupe. Sei has the candy, cupholders, leather, sunroof, disk brakes in the rear....etc

labeledsk8r
06-18-2007, 03:52 PM
yea there mostly the same, just bonus parts, like everything bitesized listed and bose sound system, center arm rest stearing wheel volume controles just a few to add to his list

88accordSF
06-18-2007, 03:57 PM
wtf

this 3geez's thing is kinda addicting. one of the best cars i've owned, bang per buck. i'll probably end up buying a second one, instead of selling the current one. sheesh. all i need is another motor and tranny for a hot block build....

the other reason i'm thinkin about movin over to an SE-i is because i'm rakin in a measly 28 mph average with my LX carb'd model. if i'm gonna be pimpin a 3geez for a daily driver, i should set it up with fuel injection and the goods, etc etc. granted, my tires are kinda shot, but i don't think that would bring down the nominal mileage by 25% off almost 40mpg from what i've read on this board... unless thats just how the LXs are...

labeledsk8r
06-18-2007, 04:04 PM
28mpg for city is damn good, my LX used to get around 24-30 depending on how i smahed the petel, a f/i engine will do much better and give you beter gas milage and more power, i see a f/i swap in your near future lol

88accordSF
06-18-2007, 04:26 PM
you must be psychic, dude....

:)

frantik
06-18-2007, 05:03 PM
In 1989 Honda brought back the SE-i trim which included cup holders, leather seats, a Honda-Bose music system, bronze-tinted glass, machined 14" alloy wheels, dual tip muffler and 4-wheel disc brakes. The SE-i was available in both coupe and sedan versions. Only three colors (http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Colors) were offered in the sedan and coupe.
http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Trim_levels :D

i get right around 32mpg with city and freeway driving in my LXi.. and i tend to leadfoot it :D if i fill up at 3.29/gal for gas, i get almost exactly 10 miles per dollar lol

ZackieDarko
06-18-2007, 05:50 PM
i have a VERY heavy foot and i manage 220 miles to a tank with a VERY BAD vacume leak

87lxiaccord
06-18-2007, 09:27 PM
A couple of highway runs(I have a very fun on ramp) and I still get 350 miles to a tank. about 30 mpg

86-accord-lxi
06-18-2007, 11:12 PM
My 89 lxi auto with 224,xxx miles and a rebuilt head gets about 25mpg city
and 30 highway. Usually 330 miles a tank.

Blkblurr
06-19-2007, 03:42 AM
My SE-i gets about 28 to 30 mpg but most of my driving is highway.

2oodoor
06-19-2007, 04:35 AM
wtf

[QUOTE]this 3geez's thing is kinda addicting. one of the best cars i've owned, bang per buck. i'll probably end up buying a second one, instead of selling the current one.
this 3geez's thing is kinda addicting. one of the best cars i've owned, bang per buck. i'll probably end up buying a second one, instead of selling the current one.

phenomena or like pizza pizza, (lil ceasars)
I have to admit I thought I made a mistake shortley after I got my 86 sedan, but after discovering this forum and driving it a while, making some improvements... the car is a blast to drive and I think I will have one around for a while.
29 mpg consistant with both city and hwy average, my commute to work is half and half. I never figured highway mileage, but I am certain it is a lot more than 29.
Weber carb, DC header, headwork... no ign mods but they are in process.

88accordSF
06-19-2007, 11:45 AM
if the MPG wont be a huge difference with the FI, i'll probably end up stickin w/ the carb... i dont need a power increase, just lookin for long-term gas mileage... guess it aint worth it for the trouble of buyin another engine / intake / harness, doin the swap, modding the harness, etc etc....

Sabz5150
06-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Only three colors were offered in the sedan and coupe.

Yeah... and guess what's under the horrible rattle can job on my SE-i

Brittany Blue.

Yeah, I could skin the person who did that.

frantik
06-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Brittany Blue.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :pc: :rocket: :rant:

BITESIZE
06-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Brittany Blue.

Sounds like CAH!:welcome:

MessyHonda
06-19-2007, 11:40 PM
the se-i has
1. Dual outlet exhaust
2. Leather seats
3. Honda/Bose music system, with remote on steering wheel.
4. Front center Armrest
5. Center console with beverage holder
6. Covered cassette holder
7. Bronze tinted glass
8. 4-wheel disc brakes
9. 2 of the special colors are Brittany Blue and Asturias Gray, there are a couple of other colors too.
10. Special Alloy wheels

the motor and the trans is still the same. i have the lx-i with a 4 wheel disk set up....and it stops good.....il have to give you a ride after i fix my tranny and clutch.