PDA

View Full Version : Center Brake Light

vipspiffy
06-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Did these cars come with a center brake light? The one in my car looks to be aftermarket.

And would it be legal/safe to run without it?

ghettogeddy
06-18-2007, 07:11 PM
yes they do and i believe it is illegal not to have one if they came stock unless u had a stock or after market spoiler with one on it

Ichiban
06-18-2007, 07:39 PM
yes they do and i believe it is illegal not to have one if they came stock unless u had a stock or after market spoiler with one on it

Um, not to my knowledge. I believe the third gen was the first accord to have the third brake light.

ghettogeddy
06-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Um, not to my knowledge. I believe the third gen was the first accord to have the third brake light.
oops lol i dident look at the forum i thought he was talking about a 3rd gen lol

2ndGenGuy
06-18-2007, 10:31 PM
I've seen a very few 2geez that came with them. I think it was late model 85's. I've seen them around, and I researched and saw the law was passed sometime between 84 and 85. So if your car was before 84 or 85 and didn't come with a 3rd brakelight you're in the clear. Studies show that 3rd brakelights reduce the chances of getting rear ended by quite a decent amount! I'm actually looking to build a low-profile LED 3rd brakelight pretty soon. One that you'll hardly notice until you're blinded by it when I hit the brakes... :D

If anybody rear ends me, that's it for the 'ol 84. It will get totalled out by the insurance company if there's so much as a scratch, so I'll take a little brake light action if it keeps my car a little safer!