PDA

View Full Version : This is getting freekin expensive....any help would be great.

Blazin
06-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey fella's well here it goes...again....
Last night on my way home from work, I went to pull out into traffic and....wtf....go car go.
Lost all thottle response until I put in the clutch and reved it until it came back. let clutch out and it works, until about 3500 rpm then I loose thottle again. Bogging like a drunk pig.
Today I changed the fuel filter, hoping it would be the problem but nothing. problem still there.
So, not having a diagnostic machine in my back pocket, I have taken it to a place, who just called me and said im up to 200 bux worth of diagnostic and they still dont know what the fuck is up with it.
Fuel system checked out all ok, pump, filter, preasure, all aok
Now there going to start checkin voltage everywhere.
I know its prety dam hard from this info to come up with a solution but any info would be greatly appreceated.
Many thanks in addvance......Blazin
oh ya...
87 ex-i FI 5 speed
a shit load o rust

Things I have done since I have bought the car....
Fuel filter
air filter
cap and rotor
plugs and wires
oil change

A20A3quippedbeast
06-20-2007, 03:47 PM
You might wanna check if you're getting spark, and maybe your main power relay is cutting out. I got wicked hesitation due to my power relay in hot weather.

skycam_313
06-20-2007, 05:34 PM
could just be an easy vacuum line.....

could be the actual dizzy itself...(check the inside)

88Accord-DX
06-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Have them check the EGR & timing w/ advance timing gun. (for vacuum advance) For $200 they should have found out WTF the problem is.

Blkblurr
06-21-2007, 03:30 AM
Worn distributor can cause that problem. A main relay problem can do that also.

HostileJava
06-21-2007, 03:45 AM
Geez, for what your up to in diagnostics already I would have just taken it to a dealership.

bushbean
06-21-2007, 06:57 AM
The dealership always charge me a flat price of around 80 bux for diagnostic. This is very reasonable.

If they are charging more and more, they are charging you while they are learning. They should not be charging you while they are educating themselves about something they should already know.

Look on the bright side. Even with this, your car is still a lot cheaper than a brand new car payment.

race12001
06-21-2007, 08:42 AM
yea sounds like somthing in the ignition system

Blazin
06-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Just like in life, bad fcuking gas, will make ya bogg.
they drained it all out, changed the filter put 10 bux in and voila...... He said he'd take care of me on the price, going in to find out how much.
thanks for all the info. once again this site, has some great info, and u guys are quick with helping everyone out.
:cheers:

Oldblueaccord
06-21-2007, 01:07 PM
If they haven't all ready have them save a fuel sample. I'd go back to where you got your gas. Shit happens the fuel could be bad.

About 5 years ago a popular station here had deisel put in the 87 octane. It was a busy station and the price was always low so they sold a shit load. It cost a guy at work about 1k$ to get his wife Toyota straightened out but the station paid for it they admitted fault.

You didnt out E-85 in it by mistake did you?

wp

2ndGenGuy
06-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Shit, just in Seattle about a year ago most if not all of the 76 stations got bad gas distributed to them. They had to pay to get HUNDREDs of cars fixed. At least they owned up to it... It's the least they could do for all the gas we buy from them.

Here's an article from Seattle Times: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002286154_badgas24m.html?syndication=rss

Blazin
06-21-2007, 04:42 PM
180 bux, they drained it, glad it was mid pay week and only had 5 bux in, changed the fuel filter witch had about ohh a 1/4 mile in it. they said it was probably contaminated and should be changed. (ill give em that 1)
Also theres so much crap in the bottom they suggested to keep it above 1/4 tank.
Also the satisfaction of knowing that everything else is working pretty dam good on a 20 yr old car.
I payed cash at the gas station and didn't get a receipt so I don't think I have a leg to stand on, but at least I got a car 2 drive.
Weird 2 because I've never been to that station before. It was go past it and push or stop and get a dash.

You didnt out E-85 in it by mistake did you?
wp

if that means hot box it with a monster blunt then yep.
whats E-85?

Thanks again all. :)

Blazin
06-21-2007, 04:44 PM
wups sry muked up and dbl posted, dam good bc bud hehe

88Accord-DX
06-21-2007, 07:11 PM
E-85 is a new flex fuel they have out for new cars. I wouldn't try smokin any of it.

MessyHonda
06-22-2007, 12:11 AM
wow...just bad gas....time to change stations.

2oodoor
06-22-2007, 03:36 AM
Have them check the EGR & timing w/ advance timing gun. (for vacuum advance) For $200 they should have found out WTF the problem is.
I agree completely, these guys are not using common sense and probably do not have much experience with these cars.
I would add ign coil breaking down as well.