PDA

View Full Version : is 400 bucks for a set of brand new fat fives a good deal?

lostforawhile
06-21-2007, 05:17 PM
is 400 bucks for a brand new set of 15 inch fat fives a good deal? i know someone at work who has a set,he had them on a civic SI for two weeks,didn't like them,and they've been in his garage ever since. i can't afforrd them right now,but he said he would hang on to them,they aren't going anywhere. about two weeks after mid quarter next school quarter,i'll get my pell grant refund from school. then i can buy them. should be just about the time the accord is coming out of paint.

87lxiaccord
06-21-2007, 05:28 PM
If they have good tires on them I say go for it. I bought mine with decent tires for 200 and the rims aren't in that great of condition. And the tires are mixed companys.

ghettogeddy
06-21-2007, 05:58 PM
pics pics pics lol
if there brand new like never on anything before his si id say go for it

lostforawhile
06-21-2007, 06:03 PM
pics pics pics lol
if there brand new like never on anything before his si id say go for itwell i won't have pictures until i buy them,and it'll be a liitle while before i can afford it. they are brand new,he bought them for the Si. i think he still has the boxes.
not sure if they are mounted or not,but i think even for brand new rims that sounds good to me.

3geeandEF
06-21-2007, 06:07 PM
my friend had just sold his used ones that are kind of beat up for 500 so id take that deal in a heartbeat

2ndGenGuy
06-21-2007, 06:38 PM
If they're brand new, it's a pretty good price. You can buy brand new replicas for $135/each. Are you sure they're authentic Honda wheels?

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/ACURA/INTEGRA/1995/

Vanilla Sky
06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I'd snap them up if I had the cash. $400 is cheap for mint Fat Fives, tires or not.

89l_x_i
06-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Even if they were half that price i wouldnt buy them straight from honda fat fives are fugly. But im sure you can find fat fives for a hell of a lot cheaper than that and im sure a little elbow grease will make them new again. Round here they go for like 125 with tires and in pretty good condition.

MIK3
06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
89l x i, I'm not sure how many people you'll find who agree with you on the fat fives, but beauty I guess is in the eye of the beholder.

As for the price, you should honestly see if they are authentic, because replicas are far to common now a days. I picked up a set of MINT JDM fat fives shipped to my door for $325 w/ out tires. These wheres were virtually flawless save a few, very small surface scratches. $400 is a little steep, especially if no shipping is involved...I say work it down to the $330 and you have a deal.

It's all a matter of how badly you want them, in essence.

89l_x_i
06-21-2007, 08:05 PM
89l x i, I'm not sure how many people you'll find who agree with you on the fat fives, but beauty I guess is in the eye of the beholder.
As for the price, you should honestly see if they are authentic, because replicas are far to common now a days. I picked up a set of MINT JDM fat fives shipped to my door for $325 w/ out tires. These wheres were virtually flawless save a few, very small surface scratches. $400 is a little steep, especially if no shipping is involved...I say work it down to the $330 and you have a deal.

that is so true but il rather roll on steelies than fat fives. But im curious, what are jdm fat fives? Ive only seen or heard of usdm fat fives.

2ndGenGuy
06-21-2007, 08:06 PM

JDM fat fives? What's the difference? Center caps?

russiankid
06-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Yea just the center caps.

MessyHonda
06-21-2007, 11:37 PM
well after talking to my friend....i found out that fat fives just look good in our cars.....i want to get a lighter rim....cuz fat fives are heavy as fuck. at least 30 pounds....when you can get a light aftermarket rims that are like 12 pounds....that is 18 pounds saved on each corner....so that is 72 pounds saved...making the car go faster and stop better. i love em to hell...i got 2 sets myself...but im just looking for better stuff i guess.

HondaBoy
06-22-2007, 11:49 AM
yeah, thats a great buy if they are mint. even then i've seen them go for more. i've always wanted a set, never found any around here that were any good though.

MIK3
06-22-2007, 01:32 PM

Oh, nothing huge. Imported from Japan + "H" center caps + subtle japanese writing on back of wheel = JDM. Woopie...heh.

2oodoor
06-23-2007, 02:32 AM
I'd snap them up if I had the cash. $400 is cheap for mint Fat Fives, tires or not.
I dont know where you guys have been shopping but NFW I would pay that. I saw some at pick a part for 25 each, I also have seen the whole car with fattys on it for around that much too. Of course I cant say those are all mint though, probably not.

Civic Accord Honda
06-23-2007, 06:26 AM
il rather roll on steelies than fat fives.
thats how i fell about sedan LX-i rims lol

but like 90% of everyone else i also love fatfives

lostforawhile
06-23-2007, 06:32 AM
he is selling them below what he paid for them brand new,because they were on a car for a couple of weeks. these may have tires on them already,i'm not sure. i forgot to ask. this is someone i work with.

'A20A3'
06-25-2007, 06:12 AM
buy 'em if they're authentic, don't listen to these haters

2oodoor
06-25-2007, 06:17 AM
well after talking to my friend....i found out that fat fives just look good in our cars.....i want to get a lighter rim....cuz fat fives are heavy as fuck. at least 30 pounds....when you can get a light aftermarket rims that are like 12 pounds....that is 18 pounds saved on each corner....so that is 72 pounds saved...making the car go faster and stop better. i love em to hell...i got 2 sets myself...but im just looking for better stuff i guess.
VERY good point, pay attention people

A18A
06-25-2007, 06:19 AM
il rather roll on steelies than fat fives..
if you ever get fat fives, i will swap you my steelies for them :) kthxbye

cubert
06-25-2007, 07:31 AM
if you ever get fat fives, i will swap you my steelies for them :) kthxbye

:lol: no shit..

2ndGenGuy
06-25-2007, 07:58 AM
30lbs!? They don't seem that heavy, but I suppose they could be... Time to put one on a scale and find out for sure... :D

2oodoor
06-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I dont know what my rims are called but they are light , I would guess 12-16 lbs. I had them on the Civic before and there is a detectable improvement in how quick the cars go with them. There is Japanese writing on the backs.

I am not knocking fat fives, I just think the price was off. It really depends on when you want them and if you can wait to find some at a better price.
http://static.flickr.com/106/253668248_bc535f2bd4_o.jpg