PDA

View Full Version : So it's been a while ..

ex1z7
06-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Kinda stopped hanging around here when my 2 3gz got crushed into cubes.. have been in the Ford crowd since..

However, cruising around classified ads for the past few weeks, looking for a different car that has no ties to my family in any way, I came across an 87 EX-I Accord, I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow..

Being a member here for the past .. I forget how long, I remember a few things about this place, the top of the list being, how knowledgeable everyone here is, especially in the -I crowd..

Being an -I model, I don't know if theres anything specific I should check out on this car, I'll be brining my camera and take pictures at any angle I can get to, is there anything specific I should focus on to give you guys here a better view of what I'm looking at?

I havn't seen it yet, but it sounds decent so far - I'm not concerned if it has some rust, as they all do up here, I'll fix what I can and just drive it.

I'm willing to put about a grand in repairs after purchase, so long as the car drives fine and the compression is fine in the cylinders, speaking of, though, what should it be at ? I obtained a tester the other day and wouldn't mind giving it a go.

In my usual fashion, "Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance"

forrest89sei
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Between 170 and 130 PSI, 120 and below means theres a problem

Welcome Back :D

'A20A3'
06-22-2007, 11:10 AM
yeah 180-185 is perfect, but i doubt the motor will have compression like that. the biggest point is that there SHOULD be little variation between cylinders(they should all be like the same thing) Honda specifys anything less than 160 and it needs a rebuild but i've driven cars where the compression is like 140-150 across the board and you can definitely notice a difference between a motor with 180 compression.(it was the same car before and then after a motorswap with the same engine)

good luck and glad to have you back. :welcome:

MessyHonda
06-22-2007, 03:04 PM
nice. i would check for rust in the rear wheel arches and make sure to do a tune up on it.

ex1z7
06-23-2007, 01:34 PM
rust i dont much care for as no matter what i'll have it around plus for what i'll get this car for theres no other deal around close.. either way i just need a good solid car and i know 3gz are rock solid .. i'll take pics when i get the call tomorrow for review as i wont get to buy it till thurs anyways [payday]

this entire post was done on my wii and now i want to throw the damn controller out the window :]