PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 2 things.

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I need help on how to tube the windshield nozzles, need to know where the pump is and how to get to it. 2nd is How can i test my heater core? Cause my heat isnt working anymore and i need to know what to check first, start from the smallest, simple things then to the big things. Thank you.

P.S. 89 DX carbed.

LX-incredible
06-23-2007, 01:50 PM
You will need to remove the inner fender (plastic), to get at the pump. You might be able to access it by pulling it out and down from the front, without removing the screw-rivets. For the heat, make sure that the valve on the firewall is opening.

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
I just remove the plastic inner fender then i will see the pump under where you put the windshield fluid? How do i know if the valve is opening?

ghettogeddy
06-23-2007, 01:55 PM
You will need to remove the inner fender (plastic), to get at the pump. You might be able to access it by pulling it out and down from the front, without removing the screw-rivets. For the heat, make sure that the valve on the firewall is opening.
there is also a little clip for the havc controls that likes to come of u might want to source were its at and check it id tell u but we had the shop do it on my 89 when we got the dizzy seal changed

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 01:58 PM
there is also a little clip for the havc controls that likes to come of u might want to source were its at and check it id tell u but we had the shop do it on my 89 when we got the dizzy seal changed
Is it right behind where the levers are inside the car? I checked that its clipped on and the one by the firewall.

LX-incredible
06-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Behind the radio and to the right a bit.

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Behind the radio and to the right a bit.
Yea thats what i was talking about thats clipped on. How do i know if the valve is opening?

LX-incredible
06-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Watch it's lever. If that looks good, make sure that the lever is actually turning the valve. If the screw that holds the lever to the valve is loose, only the lever will move, not the plastic ball of the valve.

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Watch it's lever. If that looks good, make sure that the lever is actually turning the valve. If the screw that holds the lever to the valve is loose, only the lever will move, not the plastic ball of the valve.
ok i'll check the screw when its not raining, can i take off the hose and look inside for a clog or anything?
Heres a video when i move the lever to red, its dark but thats what the cable by that hose and the firewall does.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/ahmadr34/th_PICT4653.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/ahmadr34/?action=view&current=PICT4653.flv)

LX-incredible
06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Just make sure that the screw that connects it to the valve, turns with it.

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Just make sure that the screw that connects it to the valve, turns with it.
i'll take off the hose and look inside for clogs or anything then tighten everything down.

russiankid
06-23-2007, 08:39 PM
ok i'll check the screw when its not raining, can i take off the hose and look inside for a clog or anything?
Heres a video when i move the lever to red, its dark but thats what the cable by that hose and the firewall does.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/ahmadr34/th_PICT4653.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/ahmadr34/?action=view&current=PICT4653.flv)
If you take the hose off you will spill coolant, and you will then need to top the system off and bleed it.

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 08:41 PM
If you take the hose off you will spill coolant, and you will then need to top the system off and bleed it.
coolant goes through that hose too? isnt there a valve in there?

LX-incredible
06-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Even if it is closed when you remove the hose, it will still flow out the other one.

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Even if it is closed when you remove the hose, it will still flow out the other one.
well then i cant remove the hose cause my bleed bolt broke off when i was bleeding air out last time. I'll just tighten everything. Are there any pipes i can check to see if they're clogged or anything else that doesnt have coolant going to it?

LX-incredible
06-23-2007, 09:07 PM
It's unlikely, but look for kinked hoses. I doubt that anything is clogged, but stranger things have been known to happen. One other thing, when you have the AC on and move the selector to the red, does the air get warmer? I know it's not getting hot, but it should be warmer, like if you only have the blower on. If not, you are having a problem with the mixture door.

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I'll slide it over to red with the a/c on tomorrow too, does the car have to be on?

LX-incredible
06-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Yes, the AC should be on and blowing cold air. You should feel the difference right after you move the lever. It should become noticeably warmer.

ahmad89
06-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Yes, the AC should be on and blowing cold air. You should feel the difference right after you move the lever. It should become noticeably warmer.
i know the a/c has to be on but does the car have to be running and if so what temp should it be.

LX-incredible
06-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Yes, the car needs to be running for the ac to get cold. The engine temp doesn't matter. When the mixture door moves from cold to hot, the air stops going through the AC condenser and goes through the heater core instead. Normally the air would be hot when going through the heater core, but if there is a blockage in the coolant flow, it will come out ambient temp. Basically if the air goes from cold to ambient temp, we can factor the mixture door out of the equation, and our problem lies only with coolant flow.

ahmad89
06-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Yes, the car needs to be running for the ac to get cold. The engine temp doesn't matter. When the mixture door moves from cold to hot, the air stops going through the AC condenser and goes through the heater core instead. Normally the air would be hot when going through the heater core, but if there is a blockage in the coolant flow, it will come out ambient temp. Basically if the air goes from cold to ambient temp, we can factor the mixture door out of the equation, and our problem lies only with coolant flow.
Cool, i'll do it tomorrow immediately and post up results. Thanks.

ahmad89
06-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I didnt have time to get at that hose and cable on the firewall, i had to do some yard work and clean the garage but tomorrow!! I will get at it and i will tube up the windshield nozzles.

LX-incredible
06-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Cool, 1/4" clear vinyl tube (the stuff you use for fish tanks) works the best. Did you get to check for mixture door operation.

ahmad89
06-25-2007, 01:22 AM
Cool, 1/4" clear vinyl tube (the stuff you use for fish tanks) works the best. Did you get to check for mixture door operation.
no and is that in that tube you were talking about? I cant take it out cause i cant bleed the air cause like i said, my bleed bolt broke off.

ZackieDarko
06-25-2007, 01:30 AM
you toped your radiator off right?

if you dont have any or much coolant you wont get any heat

ahmad89
06-25-2007, 09:00 AM
you toped your radiator off right?
if you dont have any or much coolant you wont get any heat
my radiator is always full, i check regularly and i get pre-diluted coolant fo ran even mixture.

LX-incredible
06-25-2007, 10:49 AM
no and is that in that tube you were talking about? I cant take it out cause i cant bleed the air cause like i said, my bleed bolt broke off.
No, I was suggesting what to use for the washer lines, when you redo them.

ahmad89
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
No, I was suggesting what to use for the washer lines, when you redo them.
I know i was talking about what you said if i got to check the mixture door operation.

ahmad89
06-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Dammit well its not my day today, its been raining and just a few min ago i went outside to put on my wire crimps, after the first crimp it didnt even crimp anything just ripped then it started raining. So tomorrow im going to get these screw on crimps and if it doesnt rain put the tube on.

ahmad89
06-26-2007, 01:33 PM
ok i took off the front part of the inner fender plastic and i looked under and i saw this container that is connected to where you pour in the windshield washer fluid, i didnt see anywhere under there where you connect the tubing. Where do i connect the tubing, please be detailed. I looked in the manual it shows the setup but doesnt show where the tube goes.

LX-incredible
06-26-2007, 07:37 PM
The pump is located on the side of the tank that faces the front of the car. Reach up and feel for it. Removing the horn cover on the bumper may help gain access to it as well.

ahmad89
06-26-2007, 07:44 PM
The pump is located on the side of the tank that faces the front of the car. Reach up and feel for it. Removing the horn cover on the bumper may help gain access to it as well.
ok i'll try that. wish you would have replied a lot earlier lol

LX-incredible
06-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Sorry man, I was at work.

russiankid
06-26-2007, 07:48 PM
You just need to follow the old tubing and feel where it goes.

ahmad89
06-26-2007, 08:15 PM
You just need to follow the old tubing and feel where it goes.
i tried that but i get lost in the fender and when i looked from under, i saw like 2 or 3 tubes that look the same.

ahmad89
06-27-2007, 03:29 PM
i finally tubed up the nozzles and they work fine and look good. I will take a pic soon right now im exhausted, starving, dirty, and people are coming over. Crap i just remembered to check the hose in the firewall!! its raining now so i will get to it tomorrow.

ahmad89
06-28-2007, 07:16 PM
update!
I took a video a few min ago of me sliding the heat and cold slider, the cables are connected and dont wiggle out or anything seems to be working fine.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/ahmadr34/th_PICT4951.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/ahmadr34/?action=view&current=PICT4951.flv)

LX-incredible
06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
update!
I took a video a few min ago of me sliding the heat and cold slider, the cables are connected and dont wiggle out or anything seems to be working fine.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/ahmadr34/th_PICT4951.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/ahmadr34/?action=view&current=PICT4951.flv)
Looks okay, but do you notice a difference in temperature?

Lil Mike
01-03-2008, 09:22 PM
is your engine operating at normal temperature?

labeledsk8r
01-03-2008, 09:25 PM
is your engine operating at normal temperature?

this dude is banned... and i dont even think he has an accord anymore... lol

forrest89sei
01-03-2008, 09:32 PM
this dude is banned... and i dont even think he has an accord anymore... lol

Yes, he's BANNED and he sold his Accord, lol

Demon1024
01-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I thought something was up when i saw who started this thread.
Been there done that.....
Look at the dates of the posts man

coope
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
i got him banned that was a funny thread tho well i got banned for 2 weeks but it was funny tho he started it lol