PDA

View Full Version : Swaping Engine Heads

JGBaugh
06-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok I found loads of info on engine swaps, but I want to know what it would take to put a DOHC head on an A20A3 engine. I know it would take some fabrication, but I just want to know what may be the best way of going at this project or if anybody has done it.

snoopyloopy
06-23-2007, 08:01 PM
go read this thread: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47597
but the short answer is nothing short of a custom head will fit.

MessyHonda
06-23-2007, 09:43 PM
i would just swap a b18 into it...just make custom mounts,harness, axels, shiftlinkage and brackets if you want ps and ac

ima poor college kid so im just going to slap on a port and polish head with b16 mani and headers.....should make some power....il dyno after im finished

snoopyloopy
06-23-2007, 10:09 PM
yeah, won't hurt to make sure your head is port matched to the headers and im, not just ported. it'll really make things nice in the airflow department. and while you're at it, see if you can't get it done on a flow bench. :)

JGBaugh
06-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Ya I may just end up doing the engine swap, but I am going to first see what kind of power I can pull out of the A20. I guess we will see what happens in the long run. Thank you for the info though.

snoopyloopy
06-23-2007, 10:41 PM
there's power to be had. but honestly, if you live anywhere in cali or can justify having it shipped to you, the openloop coupe is currently about the best you can do efi na on an a20. so i would buy it because it's much cheaper than having all the stuff done yourself.