PDA

View Full Version : roof mount lcd

buttaz1
06-24-2007, 10:03 AM
i was wondering how would some one go about mounting a tv on our headliner?
like if some one wanted to do a 20 in tv install in there roof
i have looked at the flip down but it makes me think of a soccer mom van

i have searched and searched but i dont know the key words that would bring up what i am looking for.
i think i would need mdf wood and fit it into the roof then drill from the outside in and shave off the screw and sand the head down and bondo the drill points

so if some one can point me in the right direction please do thanks

buttaz1
06-24-2007, 10:08 AM
oh snapp i put it in the wrong thread sorry

LX-incredible
06-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't know if there would be enough space between the roof and head liner. If you had one from a vehicle with a sunroof, there would be a lot more room, but also a large hole to deal with. Also keep in mind that the headliner insulates the interior from heat. It gets hot as hell between it and the roof. If you did this you would need to insulate around the screen and provide some sort of ventilation.

buttaz1
06-24-2007, 10:56 AM
ok
i hate to have both these threads opend at the same time so maybe a mod can conjoin them for me
but i was thinking maybe a build a box of sorts and then if i can find fans that are short ill drill a rectangel hole and then put alot of fans only thing that i see wrong is an exhust vent ,
but then i was thinking that once i mount the box to the roof i would be able to bondo and fiberglass the mount to the headliner then get rid of the vynal and put something more breathable on there or possiable a nice pic
but i donno this is still all theroraticall as of right now

LiTtLe xOx BitT
06-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Its definatly doable, it just depends how skilled you are. Someone could probably explain to you how to do it but it will be nearly impossible for you to do it just based on what someone say unless you have customizing and fabricating skills. And make sure your car is in 100% perfect running condition before you start things like that because you will be really pissed if you do custom work and the motor or trans blows.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-24-2007, 11:46 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_321_full.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
06-24-2007, 11:48 AM
And make sure your car is in 100% perfect running condition before you start things like that because you will be really pissed if you do custom work and the motor or trans blows.
hella big X2 to that!!

buttaz1
06-24-2007, 11:51 AM
yea i know
lol thats why i havent done nothing to great
as of right now there is a leak some where i comes in threw the windshield some where upper part.
then i donno if the alt is going bad cuz there is a squeling i donno if its the belt or the alt its something tho cuz if i put belt dressing alot of it .
it goes away so i have a bit of work to go threw before i can start this project but reasearch is the key.
and as far as teh fab skills i have time now that i dont have a secound job
so if i can get patience then ill be ok
i cant wait till i have everythign done so i can get a paint job

buttaz1
06-24-2007, 11:54 AM
see i dont want that flip down stuff i was planing on doing a flush roof mount so i can reclin my seats and watch tv or what ever

one thing that pisses me off is that people talk shit about why are you doing so much to a pos and i respond with because i have to start some where and still they talk shit. all this is is just a hobby and practice (haters)