PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Mods: bobafett

87accordlxi
06-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Next up is bobafett. Chris is our resident Turbo guy, and he is the moderator for the 3geez Forced Induction forum. Be sure to check it out (http://www.3geez.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81) if you have any turbo-related questions. Chris is an active member and is always helpful. Take a moment here to say hi and thank him for the great job he's doing!

Name: Chris / bobafett
Born: November 6 1983 in San Antonio, TX (eww).

Education: K-3 Kalama Elementary, 3-5 Columbia Heights Elementary, 6-8 Cascade Middle School, 9-10 Mark Morris High School, 11-12 Running Start at Lower Columbia College. BS Degree in Multimedia & Web Design from Art Institute of Portland.

Hobbies: Luckily I am easily entertained: cars, computers, overclocking, watercooling, electronic gadgets, video games, pretty much modding anything is right up my alley. Basically anything that costs lots of money but is generally actually pointless. :)

Work: I am currently employed with the City of Longview, WA. I am their 'web guy' but also do a lot of work with servers and managing their active directory and permissions, and fixing DNS problems when they come up (more often than they should).

Cars: First car is the 86 Accord Hatch, it is the car that started my modding bug - fuck you ezBoard 3geez (jk I love you) :( I am perpetually broke now hahah! 2nd car was a 89 240sx that I got 75% of the way done with, and abandoned, because it was deemed unsafe. The current setup is monster accord awaiting parts, and 2003 WRX that is getting parts, but I am hoping to be making more progress on the accord very soon.

Personal: I grew up as a pretty mellow and well behaved kid, then parents got divorced around age 12 and I turned into a monster until I was about 17. The main thing that turned me around (besides growing up) was meeting Amber who became my best friend and is now my wonderful wife! She calmed me down again and helped to get me to where my family didn't want to disown me hehe. Did the whole move out right after HS, start working full time, and go to college thing just like most people do... While both working at Home Depot we took the plunge and bought our first home, which was scary when making $10/hr. Got engaged, finished up school, got married, moved back to Longview (we both work there) bought our 2nd home (w00t - much nicer) and that is pretty much it.

Oh and have 2 kids, Jango (jizzle j) Fett, and Boba (bizzle b) Fett. They are cats, and they are whiney ass bitches and act like tweaked out crackheads, but we love them. (ps, they are scared of the noise their own shadows make)

And yes we are into star wars...

A18A
06-25-2007, 06:16 AM
haha nice to meet u, i take it you got your username from the cat?

2drSE-i
06-25-2007, 06:16 AM
sweet another one. When i saw the kids thing i was like.....omg they have no real chance in life.

2oodoor
06-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Ive already 'met' ya, in some good threads:)
I was reading the bio and then you said 2 kids and names like Jango and Boba, so i was like ooo kay, then you said they were cats so I was like OH..
see ya around :rockon:

Pico
06-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Cool to meet you :wave: and we even have the same B-Day :D

86AccordLxi
06-25-2007, 07:43 AM
His cats really *are* crazy.

Alex

MessyHonda
06-25-2007, 01:04 PM
nice to meet you sir....lol sounds like you have interesting cats.

ZackieDarko
06-25-2007, 01:43 PM
nice..Sci-Fi geek wife

my GF's name is amber ....she isnt into anything Sci-Fi though :(

bobafett
06-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Hahah yeah Amber and I definitely don't want kids, so we just call our cats our 'kids' because they are certainly a PITA to deal with, but we love them anyway, just like kids. ;)

I would never be so mean as to name a child after a Star Wars character :) or so I would imagine... Cause you're right, they are pretty much screwed at that point.

I did overhear a guy calling his kid Anakin though... felt bad for the kid too...

snoopyloopy
06-25-2007, 03:02 PM
sweet. :rockon: wish houses were still that cheap that a $10/hr job could get you one...

speedpenguin
06-25-2007, 07:05 PM
I did overhear a guy calling his kid Anakin though... felt bad for the kid too...

I'd rather be named Anakin then Jango.

Nice to meet ya!

bobafett
06-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Oh trust me, she is a Jango! (they are both girls with male star wars name yes yes i know...)

Pretty much anybody who has met this cat can attest. :)

forrest89sei
06-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Sweet! :D

Cheeseburger
06-26-2007, 10:47 AM
hi

2ndGenGuy
06-26-2007, 11:20 AM
So do you live in Vancouver and commute to Longview!? That's a long ass drive!

bobafett
06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
I moved to Vancouver so I could 1) move out of Longview and 2) go to school in Portland. I commuted up to Longview while I had the job and was finishing up school, but as soon as I graduated we started looking for a place back in Longview. Now I have a 6 mile round trip commute and a tank of gas lasts me 2-3 weeks easily even with 18mpg subaru. :)

But I know all about commutes, I had to do it for 1.5 years! :(

Toneloc5145
07-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Nice to meet you Chris. We should have a "Meet the 3geer's" Thread or something, similar to this but catered towards the people that are not the mods.

frantik
07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
:welcome: